Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls. Spring rolls are my absolute favorite Vietnamese food. Apparently, people have different versions of the dipping sauce. In our family (and yes, we're Vietnamese), we make a peanut-hoisin dipping sauce.
Flavorful tofu, crisp veggies, delectable sauce, and so fresh and perfect for summer. Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Crispy Tofu. This is my kind of soul food. You can cook Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls using 34 easy ingredients and 19 easy steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- It’s of ● For The Rice Vermicelli.
- It’s of as needed Rice Vermicelli.
- It’s 8 oz of Rice Vermicelli.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Pureed Squeezable Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Mint [chopped].
- It’s 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger [chopped].
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Or White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of each Extra Thai Basil & Mint [optional].
- Prepare 1 of large Pot With Lid.
- Prepare 1 of Strainer.
- It’s of Vegetables.
- It’s 1 cup of Each: Shreadded Cabbage Or Lettuce – Bean Sprouts – Cilant.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sliced Diakon Radishes.
- You need 3 tbsp of Chopped Ginger.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Jalapeño Peppers [or other thai peppers – fine chop].
- You need of Seafood.
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Chilled Large or Miniature Shrimp.
- You need of Spring Roll Wrapers.
- It’s 12 of 9" Spring Roll Wraps.
- Prepare 1 of large Bowl Hot Water.
- Prepare of ● For The Condiments.
- You need 1 Bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce.
- You need 1 Bottle of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 1 Bottle of Hot Mustard.
- It’s as needed of Thai Basil Leaves.
How much do you love Vietnamese spring rolls? A trip to San Francisco is not complete without a meal at chef Charles Phan's The Slanted Door, a modern, luxe. The beautiful thing about Vietnamese spring rolls is that everyone can make these according to their own preference—the customizations are endless and tantalizing, and every restaurant has its own rendition. Include pork, shrimp, or prawns and different types of vegetable and herbs; leave the rolls.
Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls step by step
- Chop all vegetable ingredients and chill in refrigerator until ready to assemble wraps..
- Dethaw shrimp and place in fridge until ready to assemble wraps..
- Boil Rice Vermicelli as per manufacturer directions minus one minute boil time..
- Strain water from Vermicelli but do not rinse..
- Add all ingredients in the Rice Vermicelli section to the base of the pot you boiled your Rice Vermicelli in..
- On a low heat, add Rice Vermicelli into those ingredients and gently stir until well mixed..
- Allow Vermicelli to cool down slightly..
- Authors Note: You also have the option of mixing Vermicelli and seasonings and all vegetables together for quicker and easier constriction. However, the layered technique [shown above] offers far more flavor and allows you to omit any vegetables certain guests may not find desirable..
- Heat a larger plastic bowl with 2" water in the microwave until hot..
- Place one Spring Roll Wrap in hot water for 13 to 18 seconds. 13 seconds works great for me. Be careful with these wet wraps since they can tear easily..
- Pull wrap out immediately and place evenly on a cutting board..
- Place Rice Vermicelli on the wrap and add each of your vegetables [except shreadded cabbage or lettuce] and shrimp. Don't pile it in too thick or your wrap won't roll properly..
- Gently but snugly fold the bottom half of the wrap upwards over the vegetables then fold the right and left sides inward..
- Gently but snugly roll up the rest of the wrap until sealed. Slightly wet down wrap with hands after it's sealed and place on a no stick surface or tinfoil..
- Repeat this process for all 12 wraps..
- Place all wraps on a serving plate covered with shreadded cabbage or lettuce. Repeat layer if stacking your wraps so they don't stick to one another..
- Chill well until ready to serve..
- Garnish wraps with leftover chopped vegetables and serve with soy sauce, a pre-fabed peanut sauce, a quality fish sauce and a spicy Thai Chili sauce! Siracha works great!.
- Authors Note: You can serve these wraps either fresh or fried..
Easy Vietnamese Spring Rolls with an even healthier twist! Fresh vegetables and shrimp stuffed tightly in glassy spring roll skins. Vietnamese Spring Rolls are a fun and tasty way to get your family to eat their veggies. And they are just as rewarding to make, as they are to eat. This traditional Vietnamese Spring Roll recipe (gỏi cuốn) is a fresh and healthy recipe, full of veggies, lean meat, and shrimp so you can chow down Spring rolls can be considered healthier than fried egg rolls, but it also depends on the fillings you use.