Kanya's Chicken Green Curry. Green curry is a classic Thai curry (แกงเขียวหวานไก่ – gaeng kiew wan gai) that gets its name from the creamy green color of the sauce. Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. Tender boneless, skinless chicken pieces simmer in a sauce flavored with coconut milk, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
Green curry paste tends to be spicier than red curry paste. If you use homemade curry paste, it may be hotter than the jarred paste Increase the heat to medium high and add the chicken. Spread it in a single layer and cook undisturbed until it starts to brown. This Perfect Kanya's Chicken Green Curry using 27 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Learn how to achieve delicious meal.
Ingredients of Kanya's Chicken Green Curry
- It’s of green curry paste.
- It’s 25 of bird eyes chili,or any hot fresh chili.
- It’s 1 of red onion,or 4 shallots ,chopped.
- It’s 10 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of sliced of galangal.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass stalk,sliced.
- Prepare 2 of coriander roots,finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds,roasted.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds,roasted.
- It’s 1 tsp of citrus peel,or lime peel is ok s.
- It’s 1 tsp of shrimp paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of others.
- You need 750 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 bunch of basils.
- You need 1 cup of chopped eggplants.
- You need 6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2 clove of crushed garlic.
- It’s 12 of optional birdeyes chili for extra add in curry.
- Prepare 1 of fresh chili sliced ,and yellow bell pepper sliced to garnish ..optional.
- Prepare 700 grams of chicken,chopped to bite size ..or chicken breast ,tight ,,chopped ,sliced.
- You need of seasoning.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. Fresh curry paste requires home cooks to source a few obscure ingredients, but the prep is quite simple. The reward for this work lies in the flavor – fresh green curry has a vibrant flavor that a store-bought paste just can't. Though this Thai green curry chicken is made with a homemade paste, it's super easy and quick – not to mention healthy!
Kanya's Chicken Green Curry instructions
- Make chilli paste ,first i roast coriander and cumin seeds,optional add 3 bay leaves , galangal ..chop and slice another chili paste ingredients …
- Start to pound lemongrass,galangal,citrus peel,salt,cumin,coriander seed by pestel and mortar,add chili ,shrimp paste ,garlic,onion until well mix …easy go buy some green curry paste at store and skip step one and two hahahha :).
- On low heat,set soup pot with some coconut milk ,stir in chili paste with kaffir lime leaves,keep stir dont let it burn,slowly add coconut milk just a little at time ,only to protect from burning ..stir and keep add it until your paste turn shinny green ,good smell.
- After paste is shinny ..now its time to add chopped chicken,stir to mix with paste on medium heat until no longer pink..add seasoning..water ..add more coconut milk ,but not all,let it simmer about 20 mins.
- After 20 mins ,add chopped eggplant ..cook more 10 mins ,add sliced pepper ,add all coconut ,basils,stir ,and heat off.
- Done your homemade chicken green curry at home,now serve it with hot steamed jasmine rice ,or rice noodles as Thai style..hope you enjoy this :).
But I still crave pad Thai and green chicken curry on the regular, even if I don't cave in to actually ordering it. The reason why I could never. Green is the hottest type of curry paste; to take this chicken recipe down a notch, try red Thai curry paste (considered "medium" heat) or mild yellow curry paste. My deliciously rich and aromatic Thai Green Chicken Curry with homemade curry paste. My deliciously rich and aromatic Thai green chicken curry recipe with homemade curry paste.