Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot. Basically it's a lot like blanching. Electric Hot Pot also known as an Electric Shabu Shabu or an Electric Mongolian Hot Pot in shiny, easy to clean stainless steel! Sorry, this item is temporarily unavailable.
Have a fantastically fun time cooking your meat and eating it too with this shabu-shabu hot pot recipe. As well as having a great sounding name (say Shah-boo Shah-boo), Shabu-Shabu is a fun, sociable and. Have Shabu Shabu or Hot Pot night at home, and present the family with a healthy meal. This Delicious Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot using 36 simple ingredients and 11 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot
- It’s of ● For The Proteins:.
- You need of Thin Sliced Raw Chicken [I use thigh meat].
- Prepare of Raw Thin Sliced Beef.
- Prepare of Raw Shrimp Or Scallops.
- Prepare of ● For The Beef & Chicken Broths:.
- It’s 1 Box (32 oz) of Beef Stock.
- It’s 1 Box (32 oz) of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 (32 oz) of Seafood Stock.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of Vegetable Stock.
- Prepare 20 of Fresh Thai Chilie Peppers.
- It’s to taste of Sichuan Pi Xian Hot Bean Chilie Paste.
- You need to taste of Sichuan Dried Red Peppercorn Blend.
- Prepare to taste of Gochujang Roasted Hot Pepper Paste.
- You need as needed of Dried Scorpion Chiles.
- You need to taste of Dried Red Thai Peppers.
- Prepare to taste of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Prepare 30 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [smashed – divided].
- Prepare 2 of 2" Chunks Fresh Ginger.
- It’s to taste of Leaves of Fresh Cilantro.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [per side].
- It’s to taste of Leaves of Thai Basil.
- You need 2 of 2" Chunks Diakon Radishes.
- It’s to taste of Fine Minced Lemon Grass.
- It’s to taste of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare of Brown Sugar [optional].
- You need as needed of Jalapeños.
- You need as needed of Star Anise.
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables:.
- It’s as needed of White Onions [quartered].
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Whole Mushrooms.
- Prepare as needed of Fresh Chinese Cabbage [bok choy – quartered].
- Prepare of Fresh Broccoli.
- Prepare of ● For The Kitchen Equipment:.
- It’s of Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot.
- It’s of Wooden Or Metal Scewers.
Entertain guest with family style cooking or enjoy an intimate dining. Shabu Shabu Hot Pot, Electric Mongolian Hot Pot With Divider. And of course, shabu-shabu places are more likely to serve ingredients that are more traditionally Japanese, like shiitake mushrooms and udon noodles, whereas Chinese hot pot places will serve bok choy and rice noodles, but there's lots of fusion and overlap there. I have always enjoyed dining in "shabu-shabu" restaurants, where customers take on the role of a chef and are delegated the arduous task of making their own meals at the table by cooking raw meat and vegetables in broth or over a grill.
Mike's Mongolian Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot instructions
- In one side of your Shabu-Shabu pot – add your beef stock. In the other side – add your chicken stock. If you own a secondary Shabu-Shabu Hot Pot – add your seafood and vegetable stock to each side..
- Add your Szechuan Pi Xian Hot Bean Chilie Paste as desired..
- Szechuan Peppercorns as desired..
- Chop your herbs and vegetables and gather your seasonings..
- Place all broth ingredients in to your separate broths. Unless you're an idiot – stay away from the left side. ;0) Guess what? I'm an idiot!.
- Turn your pot on and bring to a steady simmer for 15 minutes. Long enough to release the flavors of your chillies, Thai basil, ginger and diakon radishes. Leave pot at a healthy simmer..
- Trim fat and thin slice your chicken, beef and seafood. Feed your protiens on to your wooden skewers..
- Skewer meat, seafood and vegetables about 2" in length in scewers. Just enough to be submerged in your bubbling broth..
- Feed your desired vegetables on to separate skewers as well..
- Submerge your skewers in to your bubbling broths for at least 3 minutes. Or, longer, depending upon the thickness of your meats. Turn scewers regularly. Less time will be needed on your seafood and vegetables. Have your guests feed from the communal pot and directly from their scewers when they are fully cooked. No worries. No germs could ever survive this broth! For added spice – dip wet meats, seafoods and vegetables directly into a basic dried red pepper flake, peppercorn and sea salt mixture..
- Enjoy your extra spicy, culinary taste and tour of Chengdu, China!.
But nothing prepared me for that unforgettable dinner that I had at a. Ask a question about YangFang Shabu. This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners. Fans will tell you that shabu shabu is a delightfully DIY way of eating, yet some were skeptical. Japanese Shabu shabu, or nabemono hotpot, is super popular sharing a hotpot is so much fun, even if it means fighting over pieces of meat and ingredients!