Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles. Great recipe for Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles. Easy, delicious, spicy, sweet, salty, tummy warming Thailand goodness every time! You can easily make this meal a pan seared noodle dish with little to no broth.
Some Thai curry pastes will contain shrimp paste in them, so just make sure the one you get doesn't contain shrimp paste. You can use any type of. Nissin Hot & Spicy Shrimp. has been added to your Cart. This Tasty Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles using 26 easy ingredients and 15 simple steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles
- Prepare 2 lbs of Shrimp [pre-steamed – de-veined – de-shelled].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Thai Chilies [small chop or 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Thai Basil [chopped – packed – no substitutions – it makes the dish].
- You need 1/3 Cup of Red Or White Onions [sliced thin – i use both].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Cabbage [sliced thin].
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Green Onions [1" angle chop].
- You need 1/2 Cup of Fresh Bean Sprouts [left whole].
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Fresh Jalapeños [round slice].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Ginger [minced].
- You need 1/4 Cup of Diakon Radishes [thin sliced].
- It’s 1 Cup of Fresh Snap Peas [left whole].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water Chestnuts [chopped].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Carrots [thin sliced or shaved].
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Mushrooms [sliced].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Fresh Eggplant [chopped – optional].
- Prepare 2 (14 oz) of Cans Low Sodium Vegetable Or Seafood Broth/Stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [heaping].
- You need 2 (3 oz) of Bags Oriental Ramen Noodles [or 6 oz organic ramen noodles].
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Siracha Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need to taste of Fresh Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil & 1 tbsp Wok Oil.
- It’s dash of Sesame Seeds [garnish].
- Prepare of as needed Fresh Lime Wedges [for serving].
Having previously tried Maruchan Instant Lunch Ramen noodles, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I followed the cooking instructions and after removing the seasoning packet, filled the container with water to the indicated line. These Spicy Shrimp Ramen Bowls have tender shrimp, crisp veggies and spicy Sriracha! Fall is here and that would mean soup season is here too.
Mike's Spicy Thai Shrimp Ramen Noodles instructions
- Slice, chop and seperate your more dense vegetables from your softer vegetables. Authors Note: Some vegetables listed above aren't pictured below. I have a few picky eaters here tonight..
- Bring your broth, Chinese 5 Spice and sliced green onions a boil. Authors Note: Go low sodium on your broth. Remember, you can always add more soy sauce [sodium] but it's darn near impossible to remove it..
- Use regular Ramen Noodles or organic Ramen Noodles. Maruchan Noodles are easier due to their flavor packets. Either way, they're sturdy noodles that will hold up, even upon re-heating..
- Add your noodles to the boiling pot. Boil for exactly 3 minutes..
- Drain your noodles but don't disgard your broth. Reserve it just in case some want a wet noodle soup. Feel free to add additional water if need be..
- Place your boiled noodles and flavor packets with green onions in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup broth, as well as your Fish, Sriracha, Soy and Hoisin sauces. Mix well with chopsticks and seal noodles up tightly. Allow your noodles to sweat and plump up in all of that delicious flavor for at least 10 minutes..
- Seal tightly..
- Add sesame and wok oil to a heated pan or Wok..
- Add your most dense vegetables [i.e., snap peas, water chestnuts, red/white onions, diakon radishes, carrots, jalapeños, etc.] to your heated pan. Fry vegetables on high for 3 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Add your least dense vegetables [i.e., cabbage, mushrooms, basil, cilantro and sprouts] to your pan and fry for 1 minute longer. You'll want some crisp to your cabbage so don't over fry..
- Add your pre-steamed shrimp and noodle mixture to your sizzling Wok. Mix well and fry for 1 minute longer covered. Add additional broth if needed or desired..
- 2 lbs pre-steamed, pre-shucked, de-veined shrimp..
- Know you can make this noodle dish on the dry or wet noodle side. [as in a soup] 1st picture below is a wet noodle soup. The bottom 2 pictures are considered dry, pan seared noodles. Serve noodles hot with sides of additional Soy, Siracha, Hoisin and Fish Sauce. Also, lime wedges and fresh Thai Basil. Garnish noodle dish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!.
- These last 2 photos are of a dry, pan seared Thai noodle dishes..
As a kid I don't ever remember having Ramen noodles, I think I first had them after I got married. They were just ok for me, but my kids always loved. This is a taste test/review of the Nissin Hot & Spicy Ramen Noodle Soup with Shrimp. It's one of those soups that don't get old. All the ingredients compliment each other so beautifully.