Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry. Serve an Indian-inspired red curry for a delicious, easy one-dish dinner tonight. While the pork came out very, very tender (I used pork butt), I did not like the sauce–it was bland, and very greasy. This dish reminded me of food at an Indian or Thai buffet–not horrible, but not impressive and flavorful as a.
If your canned coconut milk has A green curry should be slightly more salty than sweet. Stuffed Fat Pork Belly the Italian Way. Create your own customized Thai curry with the Recipe Maker. You can cook Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry using 15 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Learn how to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry
- You need 3 of LG pork sirloin steaks, cubed.
- It’s 18 of steamer clams.
- It’s 1/2 of LG sweet onion, slivered.
- You need 1 of med youkon gold potato, cubed.
- It’s 3 of LG radishes, sliced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 2 (13.5 Oz) of cans coconut milk.
- You need 1 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon.
- It’s 2 tbs of red Thai curry paste, or more if you like it very spicy.
- Prepare 2 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1-2 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried basil.
- Prepare to taste of Himalayan pink salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro, plus some for garnish.
- Prepare of cooked jasmine rice.
Add the pork, carrots, and ginger and continue to simmer, adjusting the heat as necessary. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This Thai Red Curry did the trick and I was able to prepare it. Thai curries—red, yellow, and green—are distinguished by the color of the chili that is combined with several other ingredients to make a paste.
Brad's pork and steamer clams in red Thai curry step by step
- Add onion, potato, and pork in a Dutch oven. Pour in 2 cups of water and add bouillon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 min. Until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add rest of ingredients except clams and rice. Bring to a simmer for five minutes. Add clams and continue to simmer until all clams open.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and garnish with more cilantro.
In Thailand, these chilies have slightly different taste characteristics in addition to their color. Over time, however, other ingredients have been added to the. Tender eggplant, pork and red bell pepper, bathed in a spicy curry sauce, tastes complex but calls for very little work. Canned coconut milk and good-quality curry paste are two pantry items you should always have on hand. With them—and a few veggies—dinner is less than an hour away.