Mashed beans with crispy fried sweet potatoes and palm oil stew. These mashed sweet potatoes are classic and elegant, with a hint of cinnamon spice. Mashed sweet potatoes are a classic accompaniment for traditional holiday dishes like roasted turkey and chicken. We use a little bit of cinnamon in this recipe, which gives it some warmth and festiveness.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a medium pan, heat a thin layer of oil on medium-high until hot. Once the oil is hot enough that a piece of While the potatoes continue to cook, pat the steaks dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper on. You can have Mashed beans with crispy fried sweet potatoes and palm oil stew using 18 simple ingredients and 9 simple steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mashed beans with crispy fried sweet potatoes and palm oil stew
- You need 2 cups of black eyed beans.
- It’s 2 litres of clean water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Onion.
- Prepare of Fried potatoes.
- You need 2 of balls medium size sweet potatoes.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Palm oil stew.
- You need of Scotch bonnet peppers(as desired).
- It’s of Red bell pepper (as desired).
- Prepare of Enough onions 3-4 big bulbs (chopped and sliced).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 21/2 of cooking spoon Palm oil.
- It’s of Mixed spices.
- Prepare of Fresh ginger.
- Prepare of Garlic.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
Sweet potatoes, particularly white sweet potatoes make for a creamy texture when cooked and mashed. The sage in this recipe offsets the sweetness of the In a small pan over medium heat, toast the sage leaves until they start to get crispy. While the stew is cooking, combine the crème fraîche, coriander, lime juice and zest and refrigerate until ready to serve. Using a ladle divide the stew between individual bowls and then top with a dollop of the crème fraîche.
Mashed beans with crispy fried sweet potatoes and palm oil stew step by step
- Pick beans and rinse in cold water, pour into clean pot, add a litre of water. Place on heat source and allow to boil for 30minutes.
- Bring beans down and drain water(parboiling), rinse with extra water(this procedure helps to prevent/reduce bloating without peeling the beans skin off).
- Place back in the pot and add the other litre of water, chopped onion and salt(be careful as beans tends to absorb salt quickly). Place on heat source and allow to cook until very soft, reduce heat to avoid burning. Mash with spatula or spoon..
- For the crispy potatoes, wash, peel and cut potatoes to desired shapes and sizes..
- Rinse in clean water and transfer into another bowl of salt water.
- Put oil in a clean pan for frying, when hot enough, take some quantity from the potatoes with little quantity of salt water and gently lower into hot oil to avoid oil splash. Allow to fry but not burn. Do this for all and drain excess oil.
- For the palm oil stew: roughly blend all stew ingredients (peppers, onions, ginger, garlic, crayfish) not too rough nor too smooth(best consistency for beans stew).
- Place oil(palm) on fire, do not bleach but allow it to get very hot a bit, put some slices of onions, when sauteed, pour in the pepper mixture, allow to fry for 5mins, add salt, and other spices. Let it fry on low heat stirring at intervals to avoid burning. When properly fried, you will notice no traces of water and the oil is on top. Our stew is ready..
- Serve with the beans and potatoes, garnish with salad.
How to Cook and Make Sweet Potatoes Fries in the Air Fryer Add the sliced sweet potatoes to a bowl of cold water. Place in the air fryer basket and spray with olive oil. The first step is to soak the sweet potatoes in water to remove the excess starch from the. Fluffy and soft on the inside with a buttery crispy outside, smothered in garlic Much like buttery and garlicky French fries or crispy hot chips. Those crispy edges that send you Would love to make these instead of mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving, but wondering if turkey.