Cod Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce. This easy cream sauce is made with butter, flour, milk, and cream. Add Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, white wine, or seasonings for more flavor. You can also use it as the base for a rich and creamy macaroni and cheese by adding a few cups of shredded cheese.
Cod fish with tomato cream sauce A favorite I will make again and again. So easy and good and It didn't need the cream. Sauce is delicious with a few tweaks This recipe was nice that it cooked in one pan. You can have Cod Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce using 12 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cod Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce
- Prepare 2 fillets of White fish (e.g. pacific cod or lightly salted cod).
- It’s 1 of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Plain flour.
- It’s 1 of -1 1/2 tablespoons Butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1 of White wine or Japanese sake.
- It’s of The sauce:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ● Butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of or less ● White flour.
- It’s 100 ml of ● Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of or less ● Mentsuyu.
- Prepare 1 dash of ● Pepper.
- It’s 1 of ● Parsley (optional).
For the sauce I used double the amount of tomatoes and used fire roasted..on Yummly Baked Cod In Cream Sauce, Seared Cod With Mustard Cream Sauce Over White Beans And Kale, Cod With Tomato Cream Sauce. Cod in Dill and Garlic Cream Sauce with Onions and Mushroomsthehouseofyum.com. salt, pepper, oil, oyster mushrooms, small yellow onion, fresh dill. TRUE & TESTED RECIPE for Pan Fried Cod with Meuniere Sauce.
Cod Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce instructions
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, and coat it with the flour (do not over season it). If you are using lightly salted cod, season with pepper only and coat with flour..
- Heat the butter in a skillet, arrange the fish, and pan-fry it until golden. Turn it over, pour in a small amount of white wine, cover it, then steam the fish..
- Once it is done cooking, transfer it onto a plate..
- In a skillet, add the butter and the flour from the ● ingredients list for the sauce and sauté over low heat. Once the butter and the flour are incorporated, add the milk little by little..
- Once it starts to thicken, add the mentsuyu and a pinch of black pepper at the end and the sauce is done!.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked fish, garnish it with parsley and enjoy..
How to Make Pan Fried Cod and Meunier Sauce. Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce – My Grandmother's Sautéed Cod – Cod à la Meunière with Mustard Sauce – Pacific Cod Bake with Miso and Mayonnaise – Pan Fried Cod – Cod fish in batter – Easy Acqua Pazza with Cod and Shrimp Heads – Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil – Portuguese. Meunière (UK: /ˌmɜːniˈɛər/, US: /ˌmʌni-/; French: [mønjɛːʁ]) refers to both a sauce and a method of preparation, primarily for fish. The word itself means "miller's wife". Meunière with Easy Cream Sauce – My Grandmother's Sautéed Cod – Cod à la Meunière with Mustard Sauce – Pacific Cod Bake with Miso and Mayonnaise – Pan Fried Cod – Cod fish in batter – Easy Acqua Pazza with Cod and Shrimp Heads – Roasted Cod & Potatoes in Olive Oil – Portuguese.