Cod Meunière with Butter Ponzu Sauce. Enjoy this versatile sauce with Shabu Shabu, sashimi, grilled meats, salad, and more! A classic Japanese condiment, Ponzu Sauce is a citrus based sauce with tart-tangy flavor similar to a vinaigrette. It contains a mix of ponzu (citrus.
The word itself means "miller's wife". Ponzu is a Japanese sauce that is made from yuzu juice which is a Japanese citrus fruit similar to lime and equal parts of soy sauce. Get tips on how to make Ponzu butter sauce with help from an experienced culinary professional in this free video clip. You can cook Cod Meunière with Butter Ponzu Sauce using 8 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Cod Meunière with Butter Ponzu Sauce
- It’s 2 of pieces Cod.
- Prepare 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Cake flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of White wine (or sake).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Ponzu.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 of to garnish Green onions (thinly sliced).
This easy Fish Meunière is seared in butter and oil, and served with a lemon-butter sauce. Meunière is French for "in the manner of the miller's wife," and refers to fish that's been dusted in What if you can't find Dover sole? I love using halibut or cod in this recipe. Fresh lemon juice and orange juice give this sauce a citrus snap.
Cod Meunière with Butter Ponzu Sauce instructions
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the cod. Dust with cake flour and shake to remove the excess..
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the fish from Step 1, skin side down. Cook until browned and flip..
- Add the white wine to the frying pan from Step 2. Cover and let steam..
- When the cod is cooked through, move it to a plate. Quickly wipe the frying pan. Add the ponzu and butter to the pan and bring to a boil..
- Return the cod to the pan, coat with the sauce, and when they've become well seasoned, it's done..
- Arrange on a dish. Top with the sauce and green onions and enjoy..
TRUE & TESTED RECIPE for Pan Fried Cod with Meuniere Sauce. Meunier sauce is one of the most famous French sauces and it's usually served with fish. Preparation Cut butter into pieces and in a small heavy skillet melt over moderately low heat. Löydä HD-arkistokuvia ja miljoonia muita rojaltivapaita arkistovalokuvia, -kuvituskuvia ja -vektoreita Shutterstockin kokoelmasta hakusanalla Cod Milt Ponzu Sauce. Tuhansia uusia ja laadukkaita kuvia joka päivä.