You can cook Creole Jambalaya using 12 easy ingredients and 6 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creole Jambalaya
- You need 1 lb of Andouille sausage.
- Prepare 1 lb of raw shrimp peeled, deveined or purged.
- It’s 1 can of Green Giant Steam Crisp corn & peppers.
- You need 1 box of Zatarain's Jambalaya Mix.
- You need 8 of mini sweet red peppers chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of celery.
- Prepare 2 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need as needed of Vegetable broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tobasco sauce.
Creole Jambalaya instructions
- Sweat onions, peppers, celery and sausage till onions are translucent. Add vegetable broth for the process as necessary..
- Add corn, minus the packing liquid, and tomatoes. Then add the contents of Zatarain's Jambalaya mix, substituting the amount of vegetable broth for the specified amount of water..
- Cover pot and turn down heat to low simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent sticking. Add vegetable broth if necessary to complete cooking rice. Add butter, melt by folding in..
- Add shrimp to Jambalaya, cover pot to let shrimp steam cook, about 5 minutes. Add vegatable broth if needed..
- Plate and serve. Use Tony's seasoning and Tabasco to taste. Enjoy..