Crab Stuffed Shrimp. Peel shrimp leaving tails and slice down middle deveining as you go. Place a spoonful of crabmeat mixture on top of the circle. While the shrimp are baking, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
The stuffing I use is basically my regular crab stuffing that I use for crab cakes and stuffed crab, po'boys and mushrooms, with a few minor changes, including the use of Ritz cracker crumbs. The Ritz crackers provide a nice, buttery flavor that only enhance the shrimp and I love the use of them here. This dish is part of our family Christmas Eve celebration every year. This Delicious Crab Stuffed Shrimp using 16 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Crab Stuffed Shrimp
- It’s 12 of Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and a slit cut to hold stuffing.
- You need 8 oz of jumbo lump crab meat.
- It’s 1/2 stalk of celery, finely minced.
- Prepare 1 of small shallot, finely minced.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce such as franks brand.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter, melted.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded cheese, I used mix of pepper jack, sharp cheddar and italian four cheese blend.
I love baked stuffed shrimp, but so many restaurants here prepare their shrimp piled high with Ritz crackers drenched in butter. I think the crabmeat stuffing adds somethng a bit more special. Prep time includes the stuffing's cooling time. Stuff each shrimp with crabmeat mixture.
Crab Stuffed Shrimp instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Pour butter into baking pan arge enogh to hold shrimp on one layer. Place shrimp pocket side up in dish..
- MAKE STUFFING.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, shallot, garlic,lemon, mustard, cajun seasoning, pepper and red hot, whisk to combine. Put crab meat in large bowl and add sauce and very gently combine well.Fill shrimp evenly with crab. Top evenly with cheese, pour over chicken broth. Top with bacon..
- Bake for 25 to 30 miutes until shrimp is cooked through..
- Serve with rolls amd coleslaw or a salad!.
Wrap shrimp in bacon and secure with a toothpick. Carefully dip each shrimp, gently turning it upside down, into the bread crumbs to lightly coat the crab (not the whole shrimp, just the portion with the crab). Shrimp is always a treat, but when it's stuffed with crab, it's beyond delectable. DaVita renal dietitian Danielle from Nevada shares a kidney-friendly crab-stuffed shrimp recipe that came from a patient at her Nevada dialysis center. This recipe for Crab Stuffed Jumbo Shrimp Recipe is all about decadent tasting baked jumbo shrimp generously stuffed with a delicious crab filling all sitting pretty in a delicious butter sauce, and every bite is delicious.