Cajun Shrimp Etouffe.
You can cook Cajun Shrimp Etouffe using 15 simple ingredients and 7 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Etouffe
- You need 2 tbsp of butter, oil, or bacon fat if you're going true southern classic.
- Prepare 1/4 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper, diced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 of tomato, diced.
- It’s 1 of green onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of kidney beans.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 lb of shrimp, peeled and deviened.
- It’s of cajun seasoning.
- You need of cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
Cajun Shrimp Etouffe step by step
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning..
- Heat butter in skillet until slightly bubbly. Add the onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeño. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Whisk in the flour and stir in for about 3-5 minutes to make a blond roux..
- Add in a small amount of vegetable stock and stir in to make a thick paste. Gradually add the remaining stock in small portions and stir continuously to ensure no clumps. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. You may need to add a bit more vegetable stock, you want the end result to be similar to a thick gravy..
- Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cover partially and let simmer for about 20 minutes..
- Add in the shrimp and green onions and cook another 10 minutes or until cooked through..
- Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with rice..