Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice. New Orleans Native Charlie Andrews Gives a demonstration on how to make one of New Orleans most popular dishes Crawfish Etouffee. Etouffee is a dish found in both cajun and creole cuisines down in Louisiana. It is typically served with shellfish over rice.
We served it over dirty rice (tony chachere's brand) and garlic bread. great recipe!! Crawfish étouffée with grilled or fried catfish over dirty rice, Buffalo, garlic butter and jerk wings 🐾 See more food follow my food page @awomaninthekitchen. Usually Dirty Rice is served as a side dish, but with all that meaty goodness added to it, it's tempting to eat it as a main dish. You can have Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice using 17 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Here is how you cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice
- Prepare 2 lbs of Crawfish Tails [presteamed – peeled – rinsed].
- It’s 1 of Green Bell Pepper [minced].
- Prepare 1 of White Onion [minced].
- It’s 2 of Celery Stalks [minced].
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Green Onions [chopped + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic [minced].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Diced Canned Tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 Cube of Salted Butter.
- Prepare 1 of LG Bay Leaf.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour + 1 Cup Water [mixed – thickening agent – i use seafood stock].
- Prepare of ● For The Dirty Rice.
- Prepare 2 (8 oz) of Boxes Zatarian's Dirty Rice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
- It’s 1 Bottle of Louisiana Hot Sauce.
If you save your bacon grease when you cook bacon, use a little of it in this Dirty Rice. It will add even more flavor. For the Cajun seasoning, I love to use Tony Chachere's.. Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice – Veggie Fried Rice – Creamy Chicken Rice – Creamy Chicken & Rice – Potato cakes with ginger rice Over Rice – Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats – Chicken & rice stew – Cajun chicken meatballs with kale & collard green a brown rice – Saffron Rice.
Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice step by step
- I used my leftover crawfish from my boil yesterday but you can purchase presteamed or raw crawfish tails at your local market. Walmart usually sells them in 1 pound bags – shell free. Chances are they'll be frozen. Just dethaw and rinse tails of any silt. Reserve any dethawed fluids from bags and dethaw water. Fine strain You'll definitely want that delicious mudbug flavor!.
- For The Crawfish Étouffée Fine dice your vegetables. In a large pan with a tight fitting lid – melt butter over medium high heat. Add chopped vegetables to pan and sauté until soft and translucent. About 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add small amounts of water if needed. Add your crawfish tails and seasonings, mix and cover tightly. Simmer for 5 minutes if using presteamed tails. Stir occasionally. Turn up your heat – add your water / flour mixture, mix well and simmer until desired thickness. About 3 minutes..
- For The Dirty Rice Make as per manufactures directions. Make stove top or microwavable. All it requires is water but I always add 1/2 teaspoon Tony Chatcherie's per box for additional flavor..
- Serve Étouffée over dirty rice. If opting instead for white rice – which is a traditional option – pack cooked rice into a small bowl to mold. Then flip on the top of your Crawfish Étouffée. Garnish dish with green onions and parsley. Serve with Louisiana Hot Sauce to the side. I'll also round this meal out with a garden salad and warm French Bread. Enjoy!.
Over Rice – Layered "Peeps" Rice Krispie Treats – Chicken & rice stew – Cajun chicken meatballs with kale & collard green a brown rice – Saffron Rice გარეული ბრინჯი – საუზმე ბრინჯის თასები – ჰიბაჩის ბრინჯი და ქათამი – Mikes EZ Crawfish Étouffée Over Dirty Rice – Veggie ფრიდ რაისი. Here at Louisiana Crawfish Company we know good food. Like most families we have recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. Through the years we've received a number of great recipes from our customers as well. Stir until light to medium brown.