Shrimp Jambalaya. The chef Paul Prudhomme's unassailably authentic seafood jambalaya requires two hours of cooking time, apart from the preparation. Try our take on this Southern classic – Shrimp and Sausage Jamabalaya recipe, made with TABASCO® Original Red Sauce. This Jambalaya is flavor city, with smoked andouille sausage and shrimp, the Cajun holy trinity of I think it's impossible to go to New Orleans and not fall in love with the food, and Jambalaya is one of.
This shrimp and rice recipe was provided by Doc Donald. Spice up this shrimp and rice dish to your taste by increasing the amount of Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce, too. This Appetizing Shrimp Jambalaya using 12 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Jambalaya
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter, cubed.
- Prepare 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of uncooked long grain rice.
- You need 2 tsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/9 of to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 can of (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 lb of cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
This simple version of the classic Creole rice dish contains shrimp, ham, and andouille smoked sausage and, although flavored. Jambalaya Recipe – Easy, tasty, one pot recipe for Jambalaya prepared with rice, chicken, shrimp, and sausages. This jambalaya recipe is a mix of chicken, shrimp and sausage cooked with rice and vegetables in a zesty sauce. An easy one pot meal that takes like something you'd order at a restaurant!
Shrimp Jambalaya instructions
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender..
- Add the broth, rice, Creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender..
- Stir in the tomatoes, shrimp and peas; heat through..
- Nutritional Analysis: 1-1/2 cups equals 397 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,141 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein..
This Slow Cooker Jambalaya is a great way to make this New Orleans favorite with less effort! It's loaded with shrimp, chicken, sausage, and Creole seasonings. Crock Pot Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya is so easy! If you are looking for a quick and easy meal You need a good crockpot to make this Slow Cooker Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe. Jambalaya is a perfect traditional Cajun dish made with shrimp, sausage and rice.