Shrimp Creole. Shrimp Creole from Delish.com makes the perfect spicy weeknight dinner. In a separate large skillet, heat oil. Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions – this Gulf Coast tradition will have you dreaming of the bayou.
Adjust the spice to your preference, but don't be scared of a little heat! Shrimp Creole – A comforting plate of goodness with succulent shrimp simmered in a perfectly seasoned tomato sauce. Shrimp Creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin and has a tomato base. This Yummy Shrimp Creole using 14 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- It’s 2 lb of medium shrimp.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of chopped onions (3 medium onions).
- Prepare 2 cup of chopped green bell peppers (2 medium).
- You need 1 cup of chopped celery (2 stalks).
- You need 2 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 of dried bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 can of (15 oz) tomato sauce.
- It’s 6 cup of hot cooked rice.
- It’s 1 packages of chorizo.
There's another famous New Orleans dish called Shrimp Etouffee which it shouldn't be confused with because that dish has a. Shrimp Creole is near the top of the list. Why would I want to include this dish? Everyone has a recipe for it.
Shrimp Creole step by step
- Peel and devein shrimp. Cover and refrigerate..
- In 3 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic in butter about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions are tender. Cook chorizo separately and remove grease..
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT rice and shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes..
- Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are pink and firm. Remove bay leaves. Serve shrimp mixture over rice..
A lot of restaurants, even outside of Louisiana serve it. Why in the hell do I even want to bother? Shrimp Creole is a Louisiana style dish made with green bell pepper, sweet onion, celery, garlic and shrimp all simmered in a tomato base seasoned with creole seasoning and a splash of Tabasco. This shrimp Creole is a classic Louisiana dish, made with a tomato-based Creole sauce with the traditional "Holy Trinity" of vegetables: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Easy Shrimp Creole is a spicy, chunky tomato and green pepper mixture that coats tender shrimp to make a hearty family meal done right!