Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage. This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). Mix it together using your hands and ensure all of the shrimp has been covered. This is the best Cajun shrimp recipe!
Spicy Cajun Shrimp With Rice Recipes. Healthy Cajun-Style Charred Okra and ShrimpBeyond Mere Sustenance. This cajun blackened shrimp recipe is one of the best and my absolute favorite ways to cook shrimp. This Appetizing Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage using 14 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage
- You need 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, minced.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter at first, plus 1 to 2 Tablespoons butter to thicken sauce later.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes, cut into a 1/4-inch dice.
- Prepare of the zest of a lemon.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Andouille or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" thick slices (They usually come in 12 to 13.5 ounce packages, so ~ half.).
- It’s 1-4 teaspoons of cayenne, depending on how hot you like things.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of kosher salt (depending on how salty the sausage you use and how salty you like your food).
- You need 2.5 pounds of shrimp (I recommend at least a 21/25 count).
- You need 1 of +1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock.
- You need 2 of green onions chopped for garnish.
- Prepare of lemon wedges.
I tried it yesterday and all of my friends love it. This version is inspired by theirs—zesty with green onions and tasso ham, with a generous dose of Cajun spice. This Cajun shrimp fettuccine alfredo is packed full of flavor with a little Cajun twist. It's perfect for busy weeknights and you'll say goodbye to jarred sauces when you see how easy it is to make your own!
Cajun-Inspired Shrimp & Sausage step by step
- In a large pan or pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter with 1 Tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and lemon zest and saute until the onions are translucent..
- Turn the heat up to medium high, add sausage, cayenne, salt and pepper, and saute until the sausages are lightly browned on both sides..
- Add the shrimp, chicken stock, and 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir to scrape all the fond from the pan and distribute all the ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Let the shrimp cook for 4 or 5 minutes before stirring again to redistribute them and cook another 5 to 7 minutes, or until all the shrimp just turn orange from cooking through, no longer..
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onion and some steamed rice or crusty bread on the side to enjoy all that delicious resulting sauce and soppage. Lemon wedges on the side if you like a little extra tang with your shrimp like we do..
- Enjoy! :).
There's plenty of sauce with these shrimp—I always have some bread on the side to soak it up. Jumbo shrimp, tossed in an olive oil and lemon Cajun seasoned marinade, skewered with onion Cajun Grilled Shrimp Skewers. I still cannot believe that summer has practically got it's foot out. The best shrimp boil recipe with shrimp, baby potatoes, corn and smoked sausage. Easy shrimp boil with Old Bay, Cajun seasoning and butter.