Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce. Shrimp Creole – A comforting plate of goodness with succulent shrimp simmered in a perfectly seasoned tomato sauce. If you like really flavorful and. Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions – this Gulf Coast tradition will have you This was a great "base" recipes for shrimp creole.
Why would I want to include this dish? Everyone has a recipe for it. A lot of restaurants, even outside of Louisiana serve it. You can have Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce using 35 simple ingredients and 18 simple steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce
- You need of Creole Shrimp – Sausage – Bayou Swamp Sauce & Supplies.
- It’s of FOR THE SHRIMP BRINE 3 lb Frozen EX Large Raw Gulf Shrimp [shell in – de-veined – rinsed].
- It’s 4 tbs of Kosher Salt & 3 tbs Granulated Sugar [for the shrimp brine].
- It’s of FOR THE BAYOU SWAMP SAUCE 1 large Lemon [cut in half – reserve half for shrimp boil].
- Prepare 3 stick of [4 oz] Quality UNSALTED Butter [like Tillamook].
- Prepare 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Smoked Andouille [sliced at angle].
- You need 1/3 cup of Red Tabasco [+ extra to taste].
- It’s 1/2 cup of Seafood Broth.
- You need 5 tbsp of Jarred Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Each: Creole Seasoning – Cayenne Pepper – Old Bay Seasoning – Paprika – Red Pepper Flakes – Black Pepper – Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 of Medium White Onion [chopped].
- Prepare 3 of large Stalks Celery [with leaves – chopped].
- You need 1/4 cup of Chives [chopped].
- You need 1 of Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of Bottle Red Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce [for serving].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped Fresh Parsley & Chives [for plate garnish].
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- Prepare of FOR THE KITCHEN EQUIPMENT 1 large Pan With Lid 1 Large Pot With Lid.
- Prepare 1 of large Plastic Bowl [for brining shrimp].
- Prepare 1 of large Strainer.
- It’s of Bread.
- You need of FOR THE SOPPING BREAD 2 extra large soft Loaf Artisanal Or French Bread [3" thick sliced].
- It’s of Garlic Butter Mixture.
- Prepare of FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SPREAD 2 sticks (4 oz) Unsalted Tillamook Real Butter [room temp].
- It’s 1/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Puréed Garlic.
- Prepare 1 dash of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Dried Parsley & Dried Chives.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Each: Italian Seasoning & Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Lemon Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Paprika [sprinkle optional].
Why in the hell do I even want to bother? Shrimp Creole from Delish.com makes the perfect spicy weeknight dinner. In a separate large skillet, heat oil. Shrimp Creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin and has a tomato base.
Mike's Shrimp Creole & Bayou Swamp Sauce instructions
- Chef's Note: Other than the brining process, do not add any additional salt to this dish. The Lemon Pepper, Hot Sauce, Creole and Old Bay Seasonings will each have plenty of sodium within them..
- For shrimp brine.
- Add 1 cup hot water, 4 tbs kosher salt and 3 tbs granulated sugar to a plastic bowl. Mix well until completely dissolved..
- Place uncooked, frozen shrimp in bowl and add 4 cups of ice to it. Brine should be at 36° – 40° to be effective. Also, add just enough cold water to totally cover shrimp. Your shrimp are now dethawing and brining in this mixture. This method will plump your shrimp and lend that delectable fresh snap to them we all crave. Allow shrimp to brine for 2 hours..
- Following brine – preheat oven to 350°.
- For vegetables, spices and bayou swamp sauce.
- Fine chop bell pepper, celery with leaves, garlic, white onions, chives, parsley and juice half lemon. Also, slice pre-cooked Andouille Sausage into bite sized pieces at a slant or angle..
- In a large pan with tight fitting lid, place all other ingredients [except for shrimp, garnishments other lemon half] and simmer 1/2 hour stirring regularly..
- In the last 15 minutes of Step #8, bring your 2nd pot with water and 1/2 squeezed lemon to a very rapid boil. Leave lemon half in pot. Add shrimp for 3 minutes. Drain shrimp in strainer immediately and quickly run cold water over shrimp to halt the cooking process..
- Quickly peel shrimp and add to simmering Bayou Swamp Sauce. Let simmer on low for 2 minutes. Your shrimp will absorb the Creole seasonings as they tighten up. Stir occasionally..
- Serve with sides of Tabasco Or Louisiana Hot Sauce and garnish plate with fresh chopped Parsley and Chives..
- Chef's Note: Make certain you stir this dish well before serving each bowl. If not, all solid ingredients will sink to the bottom of the sauce pan once motion has stopped. At that point, all the oil from the butter will rise to the top..
- For your garlic spread.
- Evenly slice French Bread into 3" thick slices..
- Mix all ingredients in the Garlic Butter Seasoning category together very well. Slightly heat in microwave if need be..
- Place bread on cookie sheet butter side down. Lightly sprinkle bread slices with Paprika for both color and spice if desired..
- Bake 15 minutes at 350° or, until they're crispy and golden brown. Be careful to not over bake..
There's another famous New Orleans dish called Shrimp Etouffee which it shouldn't be confused with because that dish has a. Lagasse was a master of "haute Creole" cooking, a complex blend of Creole and Cajun with signature dishes such as baked redfish en papillote and bread pudding soufflé. This southern Louisiana shrimp creole dish is cooked with tomatoes, onions, peppers and celery. Adjust the spice to your preference, but don't be scared of a little heat! Shrimp creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin (French and Spanish heritage), consisting of cooked shrimp in a mixture of whole or diced tomatoes, the "holy trinity" of onion, celery and bell pepper, spiced with hot pepper sauce or cayenne-based seasoning.