Laksa souce. Laksa – the iconic Malaysian spicy coconut noodle soup! An incredibly rich, fragrant, complex flavoured broth loaded with all the essential classic Laksa toppings. This is an easy Laksa recipe because it's made with a store bought Laksa paste which is spruced up to make a restaurant quality Laksa.
In a large heavy bottom soup pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular in the Peranakan cuisine of Southeast Asia. Laksa consists of thick wheat noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish, served in spicy soup based on either rich and spicy curry coconut milk or on sour asam (tamarind or gelugur). This Tasty Laksa souce using 10 easy ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Laksa souce
- You need of Fish stock 5 litters.
- Prepare 1 kg of Fresh ginger.
- It’s 500 g of Lemon grass.
- Prepare of Kaffir lime leaves 20 g.
- Prepare 5 g of Bullet chilli.
- You need 5 g of Tumeric powder.
- Prepare of Coconut milk 3 litters.
- It’s of Cream single 2 litters.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Corn flour.
Laksa is found in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Southern Thailand. Today I am sharing my "friendly" laksa recipe with you. I have adapted the recipe so the taste appeals more to the western palate. This is the version you will find in most high-end hotels in Southeast Asia, with the ingredients modified but the flavor is still iconic and authentic.
Laksa souce instructions
- Add ginger, kaffir lime, fish stock, lemon grass, bullet chilli and tumeric powder in a sufuria to reduced for one hour..
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper and simmer for another 30 minutes..
- Add cream and taste the seasoning. Then thickened with corn flour..
On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with sea salt, black pepper and the five-spice. The Laksa sauce is very good and tastes exactly like Laksa. Although the sauce is a little expensive, it is still cheaper for me than buying an airline ticket to Singapore every time I have a craving for laksa. Laksa is spicy, fragrant noodle soup found across Southeast Asia, particularly Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. This Singapore laksa recipe is the rich coconut milk-laced version of this Southeast Asian classic noodle soup dish.