Laksa Curry Sarawak. Traditional Sarawak laksa is a famous Sarawak noodle dish which looks like the normal curry laksa. However, the Sarawak's version of this dish is slightly subtler compared to the normal curry laksa. It is made using a laksa paste consisting of sambal belacan, tamarind, lemongrass, herbs and spices with a little coconut milk.
Some vendors may sell chicken laksa. Laksa is commonly served with a spoonful of sambal chilli paste and garnished with Vietnamese coriander, or "laksa leaf, which is known in Malay as daun kesum. This is usually known as curry mee in. You can have Laksa Curry Sarawak using 16 simple ingredients and 4 easy steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Laksa Curry Sarawak
- You need of Chicken carcass bone.
- Prepare of Chicken breast / drumstick.
- Prepare of Prawns medium size.
- It’s of Fish balls.
- It’s slices of Fish cake.
- Prepare of Laksa noodles / mee hoon.
- Prepare of Hard boiled eggs.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- It’s of Bean sprouts.
- Prepare of Some onions.
- Prepare of Lime.
- It’s of Laksa paste.
- You need of Sambal belacan.
- Prepare of Santan / Coconut milk.
- You need 1 cube of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
There are three basic types: curry laksa, assam laksa and Sarawak laksa, with multiple variations within these, and a version called Bogor laksa which hails in from the Indonesian island of Java. CURRY LAKSA Found readily in southern Malaysia and Singapore, it is most easily recognized for its liberal use of coconut milk in the curry soup. Mom's Sarawak Laksa Sarawak Laksa is a comforting Malaysian noodle soup that is spicy, bright, warming, and full of flavour. For a quick and easy meal, prepare your sauce and your topping ingredients ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use.
Laksa Curry Sarawak step by step
- Prepare stock soup base with 2 litres of water in a pot. Add in coriander root and a few pieces of ginger..
- Remove the head and shells of some prawns. Stir fry the head and shells of prawns in oil untill aroma. Put the shells into the pot together with the chicken carcass bones and drumsticks or breast meat. Boil it for 15 minutes and let it simmer for another 30 minutes. The prawn meat can sear in a pan till aromatic and set aside for later garnishing..
- Add in a pack of laksa paste, coconut or santan milk. Add in 1 cube of chicken and salt to taste. Add in fish balls and fish slices. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. The laksa soup is ready..
- Cook some laksa noodles or mee hoon and set in a bowl. Pour in the laksa soup into the cooked noodles. Garnish and decorate the top with bean sprouts, onions, eggs, fish balls, fish slices, prawns, chicken and some sambal belacan. Ready to serve hot..
The curry laksa is also known as curry mee. It is either served in rice noodles, egg noodles or a mix of both in coconut-based curry broth. Tofu, chicken, shrimp, and bean sprouts are added on top of the dish. Some restaurants serve the dish with fresh cockles. This dish can be eaten almost in every state of Malaysia, and hawker centre in.