Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce. This creamy pesto pasta sauce takes the summery flavors of basil into a thicker, creamier sauce! With that in mind, I set out to make a really simple creamy pesto sauce. This is the simplest fix ever: just make a simple white sauce (butter, flour, milk) and add in your normal pesto.
The thicker or larger shapes do better with richer or more robust sauces. Meanwhile, tip the tuna and its oil into a large bowl with the pesto. Tortellini With Steak and Creamy Pesto SauceUrban Bliss Life. This Appetizing Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce using 11 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce
- You need 2-4 of tuna steaks.
- Prepare 250 g of pappardelle (or tagliatelle) pasta.
- You need 200 ml of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pine nuts, plus some extra for serving.
- Prepare 1 cup of fresh basil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of parmesan cheese (finely grated).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour (for thickening the sauce).
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Italian seasoning, garlic powder, all purpose flour, salt and ground black. An extremely delicious meal: the crunch of pine nuts and the tang of sun-dried tomatoes combine with chicken and pasta in a heavenly pesto cream sauce. I followed this recipe to a T and it came out super. I didn't have any issues with the sauce not thickening but if you're worried about it I suggest a).
Tuna steak pasta with creamy pesto sauce instructions
- In a blender add the cooking cream, 2 tbsp of olive oil, pine nuts, basil, parmesan, crushed garlic cloves and lime juice. Blend on a medium speed until smooth..
- Heat the sauce in a pan with the cornflour over a medium heat, until slightly thicker. Stir consistently to avoid any lumps forming. (For best results make the night before and store in the fridge)..
- Next boil water with salt and add the pasta. Cook for around 4 minutes..
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan on a high heat..
- Season the tunas steaks with pepper on both sides..
- Once the pan is hot add the steaks and turn the heat down to a medium temperature..
- Cooked the tuna steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on their thickness and how well you would like them cooked. You can watch the sides of the steak turn white to see how far they have cooked. Becareful not to dry the steak out, they can easily become dry..
- Now roast the extra pine nuts in the pan for a couple of minutes until browned..
- Serve the steaks over the pasta and heated sauce. Sprinkle the pine nuts on top and garnish with fresh basil..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Make this creamy pesto pasta for your family tonight. Kids eat anything as long as there is cheese on top, right? Grab the cooked pasta with tongs out of the boiling water and add it directly to the sauce. This super fast skillet meal that combines a creamy pesto sauce, broccoli, and pasta is perfect for busy weeknights. This quick skillet combines the vibrant flavors of basil pesto with tangy cream cheese to make a rich sauce that smothers the pasta, chicken, and broccoli.