Cajun Po Boy's. A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, which is usually roast beef or fried seafood, often shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters or crab. Categories: American Cajun Sandwich Sauce Recipes Shellfish Recipes Shrimp.
This page is about showing Cajun heritage. As well as sharing my adventure of the Food Truck I'm working on. Learn How To Cook like a Cajun, Richard's style with Cajun Country Recipes. This Perfect Cajun Po Boy's using 14 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Cajun Po Boy's
- It’s of Choice Meats:.
- It’s 1/4 lb of catfish/White Fish or 6-8 Large Shrimp(peeled/remove tails) or you can use already breaded fish or shrimp.
- You need of Slaw Mixture:.
- It’s 2 of Broccoli slaw- 3 cups.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lime or Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 tsp of Splenda sweetner.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of Dressing Spread:.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Hellmanns Mayonaise.
- You need 1 tsp of Louisiana hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Slap-Ya-Mama Cajun Seasoning.
- Prepare 4 of hard sub or hoagy rolls.
Cooking and gathering with family and friends are the Cajun way of life. We've made this classic Cajun po' boy with turkey breast instead—and it's mighty tasty, indeed! Leave the shrimp in the gulf and whip up a delicious Cajun Turkey Po' Boy. This tangy and spicy version of a po' boy is perhaps too substantial for most whites, but not quite beefy enough for a red.
Cajun Po Boy's step by step
- In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, salt & black pepper, and thyme…set aside….
- Dip fish or shrimp in egg mixture ; then into the flour mixture; repeat dipping 2x.. then fry for 3 minutes and drain on paper towels..
- In a medium bowl mix together slaw, lime or lemon juice, salt & black pepper and splenda sweetener. Also set aside..
- In a small bowl mix together mayonnaise, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, and Cajun seasoning…Set aside….
- Split hoagy, hard or sub roll…then spread both sides of roll with some melted butter & garlic powder…then stick roll into a 250° preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes……."Always make This sandwich with crackling crusted bread….".
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on both sides of roll..
- Lay choice meat on bottom of roll..
- Top meat with slaw..
- Then put the top half of roll on and Cut In half diagonally and serve….hope you enjoy!.
A dry but juicy rosé is just the ticket. I ordered roast beef po boy, hoping for New Orleans style. Waitress told me appetizers were half price that night, a Tuesday. Don't know if this is true every Tuesday. I would not have ordered the fried crab.