Cajun Macaroni Salad. Add the macaroni and cook as the label directs. This is our family's favorite ever. It started originally with a Justin Wilson recipe that we've modified over the years.
Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and coated in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing. How Long Does Macaroni Salad Keep? Macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad, served cold made with cooked elbow macaroni and usually prepared with mayonnaise. You can have Cajun Macaroni Salad using 17 easy ingredients and 7 easy steps. Here is how you achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Macaroni Salad
- You need 1 lb. of Elbow Macaroni, cooked.
- It’s 4-5 of Hard-boiled Eggs, diced.
- It’s 2 of -cans White Tuna,.
- You need 3 of -slices Bacon, crumbled.
- Prepare 1-2 of Tomatoes, cut into wedges.
- You need 1 of -can (28 oz) Sliced Peaches, drained.
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of Green Onions, diced.
- Prepare 1/2-1 cup of Celery, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hellmann's Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Frenches Yellow Mustard.
- You need 1 Tsp. of Hot Sauce, (opt.).
- It’s 1/2 Tsp. of Lemon or Lime juice.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Cajun Seasoning, (I use slap-ya-mama).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of Sweet Paprika, (Hungarian).
- You need 1/4 Tsp. of McCormick Smokehouse Black Pepper.
- It’s Pinch of salt to taste.
- It’s Leaves of Lettuce.
Much like potato salad or coleslaw in its use, it is often served as a side dish to barbecue, fried chicken, or other picnic style dishes.. Amish Macaroni Salad – serve it alongside any main dish and you have a complete meal. I hope this image can convey how tasty this Amish Macaroni Salad is going to be when you taste it. Tuna macaroni salad holds a special place in my heart.
Cajun Macaroni Salad instructions
- Prepare Macaroni according to Package directions. Drain, and cool..
- Boil Eggs, about 14 minutes no more, Let cool in cold water for about 3 minutes; then crack and peel eggs; dice up in a small bowl and let cool completely..
- Fry up bacon strips, set on paper towel for 2 minutes then crumble them up into a small bowl; set aside..
- Cut and dice up Onions and Celery into a bowl; set aside..
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, Lemon or Lime juice, and if you want! the hot sauce, cajun seasoning, Black pepper, paparika, and a pinch of salt. Mix well, set aside..
- Mix Everything together; accept tomatoes, peaches, and crumbled bacon..
- Building the salad: First, lay lettuce leaf or leaves if you want more on a plate or soup bowl. Secondly, put 1 to 11/2 cup of the cajun macaroni salad on top of the lettuce leaf. Thirdly, slide both tomatoe wedges and peach wedges slightly under the macaroni salad. Lastly, garnish with crumbled bacon and a mint leaf. Serve and Enjoy!.
It reminds me of big summertime cookouts and family reunions in Elberton. Nothing spells summer much more than a good. This Cajun Potato Salad includes Crab Boil, Shrimp, Cajun seasoning, creole mustard,red potatoes, mayo, relish, celery, Worcestershire, bacon, boiled eggs. Whenever I make this traditional pasta salad, hungry guests leave few leftovers. I've been relying on this classic recipe for years.—Marna Dunn, Bullhead City, Arizona.