New Orleans BBQ Shrimp (NYC Style). These New Orleans-Style BBQ Shrimp are so buttery, spicy, and good. Fresh shrimp are baked in a sauce flavored with lots of spice, garlic, lemon juice, and green onion. Serve with crusty French bread for an out of this world appetizer or meal.
To begin, toss the peeled shrimp with the paprika, ancho chili powder, cumin, salt and a bit of sugar. New Orleans BBQ Shrimp has actually very little to do with barbecue. In Louisiana, it refers to shrimp sauteed in a. This Delicious New Orleans BBQ Shrimp (NYC Style) using 23 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of New Orleans BBQ Shrimp (NYC Style)
- Prepare of Main.
- Prepare 2 lb of Shrimp (Peeled).
- Prepare 1 loaf of French Bread.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Dry Sherry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Apple-cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 of Lemons (Sliced).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Chili Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Hot Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter.
- It’s 4 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Creole Seasoning.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Parsley (Chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Red Pepper.
- You need of Extra Credit.
- Prepare 2 lb of Extra Firm Tofu (Cubed).
- Prepare 1 of (Note) Substitute with shrimp with tofu. 2 pounds total.
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Plum Tomato.
- It’s 1 dash of Olive oil.
New Orleans BBQ shrimp isn't exactly barbecue, but it is damn good. This is a Creole shrimp dish heavily influenced by French cooking. The chef then created what was to become one of the iconic dishes of the city; it had little to do with whatever it was the guest had in Chicago, but it was and is. Huge, juicy shrimp dripping with butter, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and spices, this dish is a Crescent City classic.
New Orleans BBQ Shrimp (NYC Style) step by step
- (Prep) Drain tofu an hour before..
- (Prep) Mince Garlic, cut Veggies, cube Tofu and Butter, quarter Lemons.
- Saute Tofu and Veggies with Olive oil into medium frying pan. Saute the veggies with a dash of chili sauce and pinch of creole seasoning..
- Add Sherry, Worcestershire sauce and Apple Cider vinegar to large frying pan. Stir..
- Squeeze and drop lemons into the sauce..
- Add Spices, Chili and Hot sauce to the sauce. Stir..
- Add butter to the sauce. Stir..
- Add the veggies to the sauce. Stir..
- Bring heat down to low and let simmer for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until there is no more gray..
- Enjoy dish with bread for dipping..
Leave it to eccentric New Orleans; despite the name, there's no barbecue sauce or grill involved (if that's. The flavors of a New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp, made with brined and marinated, peeled and deveined grilled shrimp, making it much less messy And, just look at these beauties! You won't likely find this in the freezer section of your grocery store. New Orleans style BBQ shrimp is superb, but. New Orleans Style BBQ Shrimp is buttery and spicy.