Hennessy Shrimp and Grits. Hennessy shrimp and grits using K-Stokes Hennessy steak and seafood sauce. Bobby Flay takes Southern-style Shrimp and Grits to the next level by adding sharp cheddar, bacon and lime juice in this easy recipe from Food Network. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese.
Serve shrimp over grits and top with chopped bacon. This content is imported from embed-name. You may be able to find the same content in. You can cook Hennessy Shrimp and Grits using 11 easy ingredients and 9 easy steps. Here is how you achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Hennessy Shrimp and Grits
- It’s of Raw peeled and deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 cube of chicken bouillon.
- You need 4 strips of bacon.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Green onions chopped.
- Prepare of Instant grits.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Hennessy.
- You need of Honey.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
This recipe for shrimp and grits starts with a clever tip for jump-starting the grits that I learned from Southern chef Sean Brock. The final step in shrimp and grits is bringing the two together. Peel and devein the shrimp, saving the shells and the heads. Meanwhile, heat the Hennessy in a large saucepan.
Hennessy Shrimp and Grits instructions
- Pat shrimp dry and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Boil water for grits and cook strips of bacon. Save bacon grease for later..
- Add teaspoon of butter to a separate skillet and cook shrimp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Hennessy and honey to shrimp and sauté for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add bacon grease,garlic, lemon, and green onions then sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to shrimp mixture and simmer until thickened.
- Put instant grits in boiling water and add your cube of bouillon..
- Once grits are cooked add cheese until melted. Then place grits to a bowl and top with the shrimp mixture..
- Top off with green onions and bacon crumbles.
Using a lighter, carefully ignite it so it catches fire. Allow the flame to burn out, then add in. Cajun Shrimp and Grits- creamy grits with Cajun-seasoned shrimp with bold and spicy seasonings. Shrimp and grits already make a fantastic meal combination. But if you want to add more to it, you may do so.