Crawfish Boil Frittata. This past summer while visiting Suzanne in Alabama, I wanted to make a traditional Crawfish Boil. Crawfish Boil – mouthwatering crawfish recipes just like how it's done in New Orleans. Made with live crawfish, Louisiana and Cajun seasonings, corn, red potato and smoked sausage, so delicious!
Here at Louisiana Crawfish Company we know good food. Crawfish Boil is easy to make recipe. Crawfish Boil gets its taste by boiling crawfish with salt and red pepper. This Yummy Crawfish Boil Frittata using 12 easy ingredients and 7 simple steps. Here is how you achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Crawfish Boil Frittata
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, divided.
- It’s 3-4 of small red potatoes from boil, coarsely chopped (~1 cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn kernels from boil (cut from cob, ~1 ear).
- Prepare 1 of chopped, small, sweet yellow onion from boil (may use fresh).
- It’s 1/2 lb of crawfish tail meat.
- Prepare 1 tsp of creole seasoning (such as Tony chachere's), divided.
- You need 6 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt, optional.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (whatever type you prefer).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
Crawfish Boil is cherished by many across the world. Frittatas have saved me on more hungry weeknights than I care to count. Crawfish boil recipes call for a huge pot with a basket, seasonings, crawfish, potatoes and corn. Zatarains Crawfish Boil has real Louisiana flavor, but some cooks prefer Old Bay seasoning.
Crawfish Boil Frittata step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In an oven proof pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter (I always go a little heavy on the butter) over medium-high heat; stir in potatoes, corn, and onion and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes (if using a fresh onion, cook alone in pan until soft before adding the potatoes and corn)..
- Stir in crawfish and 1/2 tsp creole seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat..
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, Greek yogurt, milk, and remaining creole seasoning and mix until combined. Add salt, if using, and mix vigorously. Add crawfish mixture, cheese, and parsley to egg mixture, stirring until combined..
- Melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook on stove top until bottom begins to set, about 3 minutes..
- Place in oven and bake until eggs are set, ~20-25 minutes. It should be set on top and just beginning to turn golden, but still look moist..
- Garnish with parsely if desired and serve immediately!.
Be the first to write a review. All you need for a good crawfish boil is fresh crawfish, a big cooking pot, friends and a beautiful day. You want to do it right to get the most flavor. A traditional crawfish boil requires a very large pot for boiling, a lot of crawfish and a large, convivial crowd to share them with. The water in the pot is usually seasoned with a salty, zesty spice mixture.