Blackened Tilapia. These blackened tilapia fillets are dusted with bold Cajun spices and sautéed until crisp & flavorful on the outside and tender and flaky within. This recipe starts with tilapia but any white fish will work perfectly! The beauty of this recipe is that, especially if you can mix together a batch of the blackening powder beforehand to have ready in the.
Blackened Tilapia is a wonderful dinner, or you can use it for some great fish tacos. Blackened Tilapia is a great way to have healthy baked tilapia that is bursting with taste and spicy goodness. Oven Baked Blackened Tilapia is a less complex way to cook blackened tilapia — all you need to do is rub the seasonings and bake it in the oven. You can cook Blackened Tilapia using 10 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Learn how to cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Blackened Tilapia
- It’s of Tilapia filets.
- It’s of Blackening seasoning:.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare of Italian blend seasoning.
- You need of Parsley.
- Prepare of Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- It’s of Olive oil.
It might sound simple, but it's true. Even seafood haters can get behind this blackened tilapia. The mild-tasting fish gets a delicious flavor-packed spice rub from brown sugar, cumin, paprika, and oregano. Make food truck-style fish tacos at home using fresh tilapia, avocado, cilantro and corn tortillas, and top with a creamy onion-jalapeno.
Blackened Tilapia instructions
- Put just a little olive oil in a pan and get it hot.
- Sprinkle the blackening seasoning on one side of the filet.
- When the pan is hot enough to sear, put the filet seasoning side down, cook for about 2mins, edges will whiten.
- While the filet is cooking, and more blackening seasoning to the top side of the filet.
- Turn filet over with a spatula.
- Let cook another 2-3minutes.
- Remove from pan, top with a pat of butter and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Serve and enjoy!.
Kick up the flavor with seasoned tilapia served on a bed of rice with your choice of two sides and a breadstick. This blackened tilapia recipe is not for the weak! For those of you who think healthy eating is boring, think again! A Blackening seasoning – use my Homemade Blackened Seasoning Recipe. How to make Blackened Tilapia recipe: Place the tilapia on a plate.