Lemon garlic shrimp and grits. Lemon-garlic shrimp brighten up creamy parmesan grits, for a dish that just so happens to be healthy. All Reviews for Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Grits. Lemon-Garlic Shrimp and Grits. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Garlic Lemon Shrimp. featured in Surf & Turf Dinner For Two. Add the parsley and lemon juice, reducing the lemon juice down to a sauce, then remove from heat. This Lemon Garlic Shrimp from Delish.com is your dinner tonight. You can cook Lemon garlic shrimp and grits using 9 simple ingredients and 13 simple steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon garlic shrimp and grits
- Prepare 3/4 cup of instant grits.
- It’s of kosher salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- You need 0.57 kg of [570g] peeled, removed poo, medium shrimp.
- It’s 2 of large minced clove garlic.
- You need 1/2 of juice of lemon.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare of pepper [ optional ].
There's so much thinking that needs to happen. Mainly, is there enough time to make this? 🤔But this garlic butter shrimp recipe requires almost no. The lemon garlic butter infused shrimp is so juicy and flavor exploding you'll have to slap your own hand from eating it into oblivion! Finally, we finish off our shrimp fettuccine by stirring in additional lemon juice and Parmesan cheese until silky, followed by our shrimp and pasta.
Lemon garlic shrimp and grits step by step
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, covered.
- Uncover and slowly whisk in the grits, add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper..
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cook the grits mixture, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in the parmesan and add 1 tablespoon butter into the grits mixture.
- Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper..
- Cover mixture to keep warm..
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper..
- Melt the remaining 2 of tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat..
- Add the shrimp and garlic, and cook, tossing, until the shrimp are pink, for about 3 to 4 minutes..
- Remove from the heat and add 2 tablespoons water and the lemon juice and parsley.
- Stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce (grits mixture) and season with salt and pepper..
- Divide the grits among shallow bowls and top with the shrimp and sauce..
- Serve with lemon wedges..
The shrimp scampi is the showstopper so avoid competition by keeping the side simple, both in flavor and appearance. Since it's primarily a pasta dish you'll also want to avoid serving another carb. So, here is a little known fact about me. You first cook the shrimp in a butter lemon garlic sauce. Is there even a better flavor combination that that?