Seafood Jambalaya. I don't give five stars easily but this recipe was amazing. I've long been a fan of jambalaya and this is easily the best I've ever had. Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
This version stands up reasonably well, and cuts down the. My neighbor always gave me a container of this jambalaya when he made it. This Baked seafood Jambalaya is a twist on the traditional jambalaya recipe. This Delicious Seafood Jambalaya using 15 simple ingredients and 3 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Seafood Jambalaya
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 6 of Green onions.
- Prepare 6 of Gallic cloves.
- Prepare 4 of Bay leaves.
- You need 2 of Jalepenos.
- You need 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 5 cup of Water.
- You need 2 of Beef Bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 16 oz of Crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3 cup of Short grain brown rice.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Jumbo Shrimp.
- You need 1/2 lb of Cleaned & debearded Mussels.
It's crowd pleasingly delicious with a pronounced personality. It contains a variety of textures and tastes and certainly looks. COOK WITH ME: Seafood Jambalaya ! I've always loved the flavors of jambalaya but can rarely enjoy it because I hate seafood.
Seafood Jambalaya step by step
- Melt butter in large pot over med heat. Add onions, green onion, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaves, Jalepeno, creole seasoning, cayenne. Cover and cook veg is tender, stirring occasionally, about 15 min..
- Mix in tomato paste. add sausage, water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rice. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until rice is tender. 45-55 min..
- Add shrimp and mussels 5 min before rice is done cooking..
SO I created my own New Orleans-style jambalaya without seafood, just sausage and chicken. Seafood is also a common ingredient in Jambalaya, but local recipes may also include any type of game caught that day. Cajun jambalaya does not include tomatoes and generally has a brown color. Season lightly with salt and pepper, and add the hot sauce, if using. Jambalaya is a special kind of comfort food.