Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks. Add in shrimp and cook until shrimp are done. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and bottoms are nicely browned. Flip and cook one more minute.
This shrimp recipe is loaded with veggies and Cajun spice (you can make your own if you don't have a jar already!). We went with bell peppers, onions, and corn When cooking the shrimp, make sure you have a single layer. If you overcrowd the pan, you risk steaming and overcooking.which would lead. You can have Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks using 17 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Learn how to achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks
- Prepare of Flapjack batter.
- Prepare 1 can of creamed corn (15 oz).
- It’s 4 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of Cajun Shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of large shrimp (in the shell).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of scallions, finely chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
Add remaining Cajun seasoning, thyme, black pepper, cubed potatoes, and corn. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Learn how to make Cajun Shrimp-and-Corn Bisque. Place shrimp and crab boil into a large saucepan.
Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks instructions
- In a medium bowl combine the batter ingredients..
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray, then pour about 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot skillet for each flapjack. Cook in batches until the bottoms are golden and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip the flapjacks and finish cooking (approx 1 minute more). Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Place the cooked flapjacks into an oven safe dish and keep warm in an oven heated to about 250°..
- Peel the shrimp, reserving the shells..
- In a medium bowl, toss the peeled shrimp with the Cajun seasoning..
- Place the shrimp shells into a shallow saucepan with the water and the cayenne. Bring the water to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half (approx 5 minutes). Drain the shrimp broth into a medium bowl and set aside. Discard the shells..
- In a large non stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat until it ripples. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour into the oil and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture turns rich Brown in color (3-5 minutes)..
- Add the garlic and scallions to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce for about 1 minute to thicken..
- Add the shrimp to the sauce and cook just until cooked through and appear pink (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and cover to keep warm..
- When ready to serve, place a flapjack or two on each plate and top with the shrimp and sauce..
All Reviews for Linguine with Cajun-Spiced Shrimp and Corn. Cajun flavor dominates this wonderful soup. Living in Louisiana make cooking with Cajun spice second nature. It is the best!—Debra Dennis, Convent, Louisiana. Hey guys, how are you this time of crisis that we are facing, ,anothermMukbang nanaman,, stay indoors as much as possible keep safe everyone, consider.