Seafood, Chicken, and Turkey Sausage Gumbo. How to make Seafood, Chicken, and Andouille Sausage Gumbo. My mom's parents came from Baton They also have smoked chicken, pork, and turkey sausage available! Hearty, delicious, and packed full of amazing and well-seasoned ingredients, this Gumbo recipe has officially taken place as one of my top five favorite recipes (right up there with my Jambalaya Recipe).
We take a break from the traditional turkey feast and switch it Remove the chicken sausage from the pot. Add the butter and remaining tbsp of olive oil to the pot. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the. This Perfect Seafood, Chicken, and Turkey Sausage Gumbo using 8 simple ingredients and 6 easy steps. This is guide how achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Seafood, Chicken, and Turkey Sausage Gumbo
- Prepare 1 box of Zatarain Gumbo Mix.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (sweet or red onion).
- You need 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 bag of large shrimp (your preference).
- Prepare 2 cups of okra.
- You need 1 of chicken hen (amount to your liking).
- Prepare 1 1/2 links of turkey sausage (butterball).
Place chicken and sausages on top of vegetables; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Top with broth and tomatoes with their juice. Stir flour mixture into slow cooker; stir in okra and corn. Chicken, turkey sausage, sweet red bell peppers, all-purpose flour, red pepper flakes, scallions, spring or green onions, water, onions, celery, salt, bay leaves, parsley leaves.
Seafood, Chicken, and Turkey Sausage Gumbo step by step
- Boil hen until done, about 35-40 minutes… (if frozen, cook longer).
- Mix 6 cups of water and Zatarain and mix together evenly..
- Bring mix and water to a boil. Simmer for 25 minutes or until rice is soft enough for your liking..
- Stir occasionally (if you don't stir occasionally, the mix will stick to pan and burn)..
- During the last 10 minutes, add seafood, sausage, cooked chicken….
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then ENJOY!!! 🍜.
Remove the skin, fat and wings from the chicken and discard. Reviews for: Photos of Cajun Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. I only used half the roux because I like my gumbo thicker. This recipe for the classic southern comfort food was the first thing I ever cooked for my girlfriend. It was simple to make but Stir in chicken and remaining broth; heat through.