Cajun Shrimp Pasta. Cajun Shrimp Pasta with a spicy and rich cream sauce. This is a quick and easy dinner recipe with just the right amount of kick! Tender whole shrimp smothered in a quick and easy spicy cream sauce with.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. This Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta Recipe is going to be your new favorite weeknight night meal! Made with homemade cajun seasoning, delicious shrimp, creamy sauce, and penne noodles. You can have Cajun Shrimp Pasta using 16 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Prepare 1/2 lb of large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 of medium yellow onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 12 ounces of fettuccine.
- Prepare of Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, for serving.
Creamy shrimp pasta: If there is one thing I can always count on my family to eat it is my Cajun food. Cajun Shrimp Pasta will satisfy a crowd! Cajun Shrimp and sausage on top of a bed of noodles and fresh veggies will leave everyone full and extremely happy! This Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta recipe is made with tender shrimp, colorful veggies, and the most delicious zesty alfredo sauce.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta step by step
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta..
- Toss shrimp with 1 – 2 tablespoons of cajun seasoning and coat well Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and drizzle bottom of pan with olive oil.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or so until starting to curl Flip shrimp over and cook another minute or two and then remove to a plate and set aside.
- Drizzle pan with a little more olive oil, add sausage and brown until nicely caramelized, about 4 – 5 minutes Remove to plate, set aside.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Lower heat to medium and add another good drizzle of olive oil to the pan, add the onion, red bell pepper, thyme, smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning, brown sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté until onion and pepper have softened a bit, scraping up any browned bits that you can.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a simmer, stirring and scraping up any brown bits from bottom of pan, simmer a couple minutes.
- Add cream and stir to combine, bring to a simmer Once simmering, add cooked pasta and andouille sausage and stir to combine and heat through, 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add more chicken broth or cream if it seems dry or you’the like more sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste and then lastly, add blackened shrimp and combine, or place shrimp on top of pasta.
- Sprinkle with some more freshly cracked black pepper, grated Parmesan and chopped parsley.
Feel free to make yours with shrimp, chicken, sausage. Cajun Shrimp Pasta, a Little Spicy, a Little Creamy. I'm definitely a sucker for a spicy pasta dish, and utterly love a spicy pasta dish topped with spicy shrimp! Crispy cajun shrimp fettuccine with a super easy creamy sauce and crispy cajun shrimp that can Pasta – Fettuccine is what I chose to use today, but feel free to use any kind or shape you happen to. This Cajun shrimp pasta is a must-try, it's quick, flavorful and tastes like it came from a restaurant.