Garlic Shrimp and Grits. Cook grits according to package instructions using chicken stock and milk in place of water; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cajun Garlic Shrimp and Grits are the PERFECT savory dish that you will want on your table. Best part is, it's easy and will make any busy week night delicious.
Grits are cooked with garlic flavored processed cheese, and served with sauteed shrimp and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in grits. Heat should remain on low during the entire cooking process. You can have Garlic Shrimp and Grits using 10 easy ingredients and 3 easy steps. Learn how to cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- Prepare 3/4 cup of uncooked grits.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of bacon drippings.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic,minced.
- You need 2 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon,juiced.
- You need 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of ole bay seasoning.
- It’s 2 tbsp of philadelphia cooking creme savory garlic.
Keep the grits covered while they cook. Garlic Cheese Grits with Shrimp "I took this dish to a big brunch party and it was everyone's favorite thing on the buffet. Shrimp and Grits, Louisiana-Style "This is a superb recipe. Luckily we found tasso ham in Phoenix, but I wager it is good with substitutes." – George L.
Garlic Shrimp and Grits instructions
- Cook Grits according to package directions( use half and half and a little chicken both instead up water)and Philadelphia savory garlic.Keep warm over low heat..
- Season shrimp with ole bay seasoning and cayenne. Heat butter and Bacon dripping in a large skilled over medium high heat, saute garlic and stir in shrimp and lemon juice cook until shrimp is done..
- spread warm Grits on a serving platter and pour shrimp mixture on top..
Most Made Today In grease, add shrimp. Add lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic. Spoon grits into a serving bowl. If you haven't ever had grits it's time to try them now! Grits have been a staple in the southern diet for centuries.