Shrimp Po Boy. A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, which is usually roast beef or fried seafood, often shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters or crab. In this shrimp po boy recipe, the paper-thin crust and pillowy crumb of a New Orleans-style French roll is essential—as is Crystal hot sauce.
There's nothing like a shrimp po'boy to transport you to New Orleans. But you don't have to go all the way to the Big Easy to get a taste of. Shrimp po boys are served everywhere in Louisiana, but you can also do the same things with crawfish tails, catfish fillets or oysters—all are common in the Sportsman's Paradise. This Perfect Shrimp Po Boy using 5 simple ingredients and 6 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Shrimp Po Boy
- You need 1 packages of of fresh/frozen shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of fresh rolls/french bread.
- You need 1 of lettuce.
- It’s 1 of sliced tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of seasoned fish fry, mixed with a cup of flour (if u choose to do it this way).
This is the best shrimp po boy sandwich I have ever had! Its success is mainly due to the awesome remoulade sauce. Shrimp po' boy sandwich- Crispy, crunchy shrimp piled mile high on a buttered toasted french roll, stuffed with crunchy cabbage, fresh tomatoes – drizzled with a lip smacking remoulade sauce. Fried shrimp po' boys are classic New Orleans street food.
Shrimp Po Boy instructions
- heat skillet to med/med high add oil.
- season with garlic pwdr, blk ppr, creole seasoning and some cayenne ppr (for a lil kick) fry shrimp until they turn pink and golden brown; remove frm grease and drain on paper towels.
- warm rolls in oven or u can pan fry with butter.
- once heated and warm take out and add miracle whip to both sides of roll.
- add alot of shrimp to roll and garnish with fresh green leaf lettuce and juicy red tomatoes.
- add some crinkle cut fries to the side and some hot sauce!! (i cooked those in the oven so we didnt hv too much greasy food;)).
What is a Shrimp Po Boy? Workers who were on strike against a streetcar company were given free sandwiches by a local restaurant. Just like for a good po' boy, the shrimp gets battered (with a mixture of flour + cornmeal + Cajun seasoning) and fried (don't worry! it's a shallow fry). There's also a quick and easy remoulade. The best Po'boy sandwich with crispy spicy shrimp and a creamy tangy remoulade.