The easiest shrimp etouffee. Shrimp étouffée brings together all of the hallmarks of Louisiana cooking: Seafood (help our own shrimpers by making sure you use Gulf shrimp for your etouffee), a flour-and-oil roux, the "Holy Trinity" of onion Easy to make. Shrimp Étouffée is one of my very favorite dishes, and this is the first time I've made it, thanks to your easy instructions. It was VERY filling, so it was okay that we only had a pound and a half shrimp.
I totally appreciate easy, quick and tasty meals. But if you want to put something exciting on your dining table, this. An easy shortcut cheater etouffee that uses cream soup as a roux shortcut and works well for both shrimp and crawfish. You can have The easiest shrimp etouffee using 10 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. This is guide how cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of The easiest shrimp etouffee
- You need 1 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 1 dash of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 dash of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 of old bay (blackened seasoning) for seafood.
- You need 1 of louisiana eutoffee mix.
- It’s 7 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 dash of lemon pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper.
Before you scoff at the ingredients in this shortcut method, I say give it a try. I feel certain you will be surprised. This easy-to-make dish from the Creole-Cajun canon is perfect for chilly weeknight supper. One caution: It's easy to overcook shrimp as cooking time will vary with the size and freshness of the crustaceans, so simmer the shrimp until they are pink and curled.
The easiest shrimp etouffee step by step
- peel, clean shrimp. season with blakened season, coat with parsley, splash with onion powder, splash with galic powder and a dash of lemon pepper. then put in the refrigerator so it can stay cool..
- while shrimp sits. cut up one onion and a half of bell pepper.
- saute onion and bell pepper in two tablespoons of butter, cover and let get soft. add desired seasons. I put a little tonys on it. then add shrimp and saute for about five minutes..
- then follow directions on the mix packet. add five table spoons of butter to shrimp onion and bell pepper. melt down. then add packet mix. cook for about 3 minutes continually stir. then add the 2 cups od watrr, as the package says, bring to a boil, then lower heat, and stirring occasionally cook cover for 15 minutes. and turn off your down..
- cook rice to serve with it. and whatever else you like. I do corn and garlic toast..
Shrimp Étouffée is a blend of vegetables cooked in a thick tomato sauce. A great dish for weeknights, it keeps really well in the fridge for leftovers and Trust us on this, if you chop all of your veggies at once ahead of time, this recipe is so much easier to make (you don't want to be trying to cut a green. My easy to make Shrimp Etouffee is perfect for that special date night or to make any night a special occasion! Étouffée uses a technique known as smothering, which is a popular method of cooking in the Cajun areas of southwest Louisiana and the coastal counties of Mississippi. This Creole shrimp étouffée recipe is made with a brown roux and tomatoes. Andrew Zimmern makes his rich shrimp étouffée quicker by using tomato paste instead of a roux.