Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits. Shrimp and Grits go together like… well… shrimp and grits! Cheesy grits are topped with bacon, peppers, and juicy shrimp to create a favorite I can't resist. Much like my love for collard greens and a creamy mac and cheese recipe, this classic southern combo couldn't be more comforting.
I had a variation of this at a local restaurant, added a few things, and made it mine! In a large saucepan, bring the broth, milk, butter, salt and pepper to a boil. Ours has a ton of cheddar, which gets mixed in with butter at the very end. This Tasty Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits using 11 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. This is guide how cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits
- You need 16 oz of Shrimp-raw/peeled.
- You need 3 of sm-med bell peppers (any color/variety).
- It’s 1/2 small of yellow onion.
- You need 1/2 small of purple onion.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of butter or margerine.
- You need 1 cup of quick grits.
- You need 4 slice of cheese.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of Louisiana Cajun Seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & Pepper to taste.
Remove from heat and stir in. Shrimp and grits is a traditional dish in the Lowcountry of coastal South Carolina and Georgia. It is a traditional breakfast dish, though many consider it more of a lunch or supper dish. Elsewhere, grits are accompanied by fried catfish or salmon croquettes.
Shrimp and Pepper Cheese Grits instructions
- Thaw and peel shrimp.
- dice peppers and onion.
- In a large pan put the 2 1/2 TBSP of butter (med-low) heat. Put in diced peppers and onion..
- cook peppers and onion for about 5-8 minutes, or until starting to get soft..
- add 1lb Shrimp and saute til firm and pink (about 5 min).
- Set pan aside.
- In a separate pot cook Quick Grits according to package directions for 1cup of grits.
- Once grits are cooked add 4 slices of cheese, stir until cheese is blended.
- Pour in Shrimp and Pepper mixture into the grits, stir together.
- Serve in bowls and enjoy!.
Quaker brand grits work really well in this recipe, and they are distributed very widely. Cheesy Shrimp and Grits couldn't be easier to make. I like to make the grits first so they're perfect and smooth. They take a few minutes of your attention at the beginning but the result is a velvety smooth bowl of heaven. My Shrimp and Grits are topped with a mound of garlicky shrimp, smoky ham and caramelized peppers, on a rich flavorful bed of cheesy grits.