Angie's Crawfish Stew With Stuffed Bell peppers. Brown ground meat in skillet Show. Add onions, celery, chopped bell pepper and cook until tender Show. It contains corn, green bell pepper, onion, and sometimes garlic, celery, and tomato.
In this video, you'll see how to prepare green bell peppers stuffed with a savory rice and ground beef mixture. The cooked rice and ground beef are seasoned with tomato sauce and baked until tender. Like little individual casseroles in their own edible containers, these stuffed peppers are always a crowd. This Tasty Angie's Crawfish Stew With Stuffed Bell peppers using 9 easy ingredients and 10 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Angie's Crawfish Stew With Stuffed Bell peppers
- It’s 1 large of Onion.
- Prepare 3 large of Green bell peppers.
- Prepare 5 lb of Ground meat.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder, salt, pepper, or favorite seasonings.
- It’s 1 of Grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of Vegetable oil.
- You need 2 lb of Peeled crawfish tails.
- It’s 1 of Parsley and shallots.
Bell pepper halves are stuffed with a spicy beef stew before being roasted and served with a spicy turmeric and garlic rice. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. I love stuffed peppers but hate all the work. This is a stew that takes like stuffed peppers.
Angie's Crawfish Stew With Stuffed Bell peppers instructions
- With flour and oil make your roux to start the stew. Or you can buy roux in a jar if you don't know how to make a roux. I never measure when I make a roux from scratch so I'm sorry I can't give you exact measurements on the flour and oil.
- If using flour and oil once your roux looks a bit darker then peanut butter add water and let boil like you would when you make any stew.
- For the ground meat, mix in 1/2 lbs of chopped crawfish tails. It is easier to chop crawfish if you chop them while they are frozen ( DO NOT CHOP THE OTHER 1 1/2 lbs of crawfish) salt, pepper, grated parmesan cheese( I use the cheese to replace bread crumbs) parsley, and garlic.
- In hollowed out and seeds cleaned out from the inside of bell peppers take a tooth pick and punch holes in the bottom of the peppers.
- Fill the bell peppers with the ground meat.
- With the rest of the meat mixture make med size meatballs.
- Add in stew onions, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, shallots, your favorite seasonings, 1 1/2 pounds of whole crawfish tails, meatballs, and stuffed peppers.
- Let stew simmer and once peppers are tender all other ingredients will be completely cooked.
- Several times you will need to skim the grease from the top of the stew.
- If stew looks too light in color just pour a few drops of kitchen bouquet.
In a Dutch oven brown beef and drain off fat. Cook rice following instructions on box. These stuffed peppers are made with green, yellow or red bell peppers and a deliciously seasoned ground beef and rice filling. Pour remaining tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers. Sweet bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground beef, Italian sausage, rice and a Creole tomato sauce, topped with cheddar cheese or slices of Layer in peppers, cheese and meat, ending with cheese.