chicken shrimp and sausage gumbo. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. Pour browned flour into a bowl and return pot to heat. Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo – rich, flavorful gumbo bursting with authentic flavors and loaded with chicken, shrimp, crab legs and sausage.
Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the cayenne in and raise the heat to bring to a soft boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, add uncooked chicken and cover. Gumbo is a stay-inside-and-cook-all-day kind of dish that warms you inside and out. This Yummy chicken shrimp and sausage gumbo using 13 simple ingredients and 11 simple steps. Learn how to achieve it.
Ingredients of chicken shrimp and sausage gumbo
- Prepare 2 box of chicken broth.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bell pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need 2 packages of sausage.
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- You need 2 of bags of peeled shrimp.
- Prepare 1 of scoop of Richards brown roux.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of essence.
- You need 1 of essence recipe is 2 tbs of paprika 2 tbs salt 2 tbs garlic powder 1 tbs of black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried leaf oregano, and dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 of a few shakes of creole seasoning (for chicken).
- Prepare 2 cup of water.
- You need 1 of rice.
While Louisianans have firm ideas about what goes into a proper gumbo, there are infinite variations—chicken and okra; turkey and sausage; duck, oyster, and sausage—and countless versions, including ones with filé as a thickener and others with okra. How to Make Chicken Shrimp and Okra Gumbo. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch pan.
chicken shrimp and sausage gumbo instructions
- make sure this is the first thing you do. COOK YOUR RICE..
- grab a big pot and heat it on medium, then add water and scoop of roux and dissolve thoroughly until water is brown. keep pot on a low heat.
- chop up onion finely and bell pepper and add to roux water. these will cook down and be soft and translucent. seasoning the water..
- heat oven on 350. clean and slice up chicken breasts. then season with creole seasoning and bake until done drain off chicken juice then add to gumbo pot.
- add 1 box of chicken broth. keep on a medium heat. when it starts to boil, turn back down to a low heat. and stir..
- chop and slice up ur smoked sausage. and fry. you might have to do this in batches. when sausage is cooked put sausage and the juice from the sausage in the gumbo pot. this is important for the flavor. stir the pot. and repeat this until all sausage is fried and in the pot..
- add half of the next box of broth. this should be all that u need unless you add more meat. season the gumbo with about 4 or more tablespoons of the essence mixture. you need this mixture for the flavor so don't skip out on it..
- keep stirring the pot. it sould be nice and steamy and a low boil..
- add your shrimp directly to the pot now. make sure they are clean. and stir it in so the liquid can cook the shrimp thoroughly..
- chop your green onions and add to the pot and stir. cover for 10 min on low. this is enough time for shrimp to cook and green onions to cook down.
- add your rice and gumbo to your bowl and ENJOY!!!.
Add the chicken in the pan and sauté until browned on both sides then remove. Add the sausage and cook until browned, and then remove. Set aside Easy Shrimp & Sausage Gumbo. Subbing in a spicy Italian for a hot Italian sausage, or a chicken sausage for a pork sausage is totally fine. Nothing beats a great cup of gumbo, New Orleans style.