Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham. While true jambalaya is really more of a thicker rice stew than a soup, it's one of those dishes that more stock can be added to easily make it into a soup recipe. Season with salt and black pepper. Try our take on this Southern classic – Shrimp and Sausage Jamabalaya recipe, made with TABASCO® Original Red Sauce.
I think it's impossible to go to New Orleans and not fall in love with the food, and Jambalaya. Sprinkle each serving with green onions. Add the tomatoes with their juice, the garlic, salt, cayenne, black pepper, and thyme. You can have Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham using 12 easy ingredients and 6 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham
- It’s 1 packages of smoked sausage.
- It’s 1 packages of shrimp.
- You need 1/2 packages of ham steak.
- It’s 1/2 large of red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 can of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Cajun spice.
- It’s 2 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 box of chicken stock.
This version of a "red" jambalaya originated in the French Quarter of New Orleans when saffron wasn't readily available. Add shrimp, scallions, and ¼ cup parsley. Stir a few times to allow shrimp to begin cooking, then cover pot, turn off heat, and let jambalaya sit until shrimp are cooked. Andouille sausage is a French-Creole smoked sausage made with pork and spices.
Jambalaya w/sausage, shrimp and ham step by step
- Slice smoke sausage in half and dice in smaller pieces.
- Dice ham into small cube pieces.
- Dice onions and peppers in small cube pieces..
- In large pot add 2 tablespoon of oil and cook sausage and ham. When the sausage and ham are browned, add onions and peppers and garlic and stir until onions are transparent..
- Add rice, chicken stock, shimp and all spices.Drain juice from tomato can and add the tomatoes. (You can add more spices if u desire).
- Close lid and let cook until rice is tender..
If you can't find Andouille, any spicy smoked sausage, such as chorizo or kielbasa, can be substituted. Classic Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya With Sausage. Add the stock and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the rice, and add the sausage, ham, bay leaves, salt, pepper and hot sauce. The BEST Jambalaya Recipe — made with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage, veggies, rice and the most delicious zesty Cajun seasoning.