Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice. This is not the case with gumbo—you really need andouille. It provides a very specific flavor associated with gumbo, so try your hardest to find it. cooked white rice, for serving. A recipe for Cajun seafood gumbo: A dark roux gumbo with shrimp, fish and either crab or smoked fish.
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up You could also prepare the gumbo up to the point before you add the shrimp, and then chill and refrigerate for a day or two. This Delicious Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice using 14 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice
- You need of Gumbo.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tomato paste.
- It’s 200 grams of Okra.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cajun seasoning (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
- It’s 200 grams of Medium shrimp deveined and peeled.
- It’s 200 grams of Basa fish cut into large cubes.
- It’s of Rice.
- You need 1 cup of White rice (rinsed).
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
Bring the flavors of the Bayou into your kitchen with our Gumbo with Shrimp and Sausage. Add bouillon and all remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice; stir. This is an easy recipe for a great gumbo (adding Andouille sausage !!) and have made it numerous times. Some gumbos do contain sausage, shrimp and chicken, but there are humbler ones that are made with only salt Make the gumbo base: In a heavy-bottomed soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Easy shrimp and fish gumbo with rice step by step
- Rince rice and put to boil in pan with two cups water and 1/2 tsp salt, reduce heat cover and simmer for 20 min or until done.
- In pan sauté onion, garlic and okra until onions are transparent..
- Add in basa fish, water, spices, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add shrimp and simmer for another 8-10 minutes..
- Serve in bowl with scoop of rice on top.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with scallions, along with steamed rice or cornbread if desired. Pineapple Fried Rice with Spam, Shrimp, and Cashews. This vibrant dish is as easy to make as it is gorgeous. We love the effortless way the recipe combines Shrimp and Chicken Gumbo. This iconic dish represents everything we love about Louisiana cooking.