Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice. Learn how to cook great Cajun seared ahi tuna steak with rice. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Cajun seared ahi tuna steak with rice recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Get one of our Cajun seared ahi tuna steak with rice recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends.
Sesame-crusted ahi tuna with soy ginger lime sauce is a healthy and very simple dish to make! Pickled cucumbers add a sweet and tangy crunch with each bite. At the market, I'm always keeping my eye out for some good fresh fish, and recently I scored two beautiful ahi tuna steaks, and I knew just what to do. You can cook Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice using 8 simple ingredients and 9 easy steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice
- Prepare 1 dash of Rice wine.
- Prepare 4 dash of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 dash of Sesame Oil.
- You need 1 dash of Chili Oil.
- It’s 1 dash of Rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of White sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of White or sushi rice.
- You need 1 of Filet of Yellow Fin (Ahi) tuna.
Cajun Seared Ahi Tuna Steak with Rice. This complete Cajun meal will satisfy you at day's end. Stir the rice vinegar into one part and set aside as a dipping sauce. Fresh blueberries just pop in this quick version of a galette.
Seared Ahi Tuna with Blackened Puffed Rice instructions
- Place the filet of tuna in the marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a metal bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, rice wine, and chili oil..
- After the rice has finished cooking, take the rice out and fan it in a non heat conductive container. Then add the rice wine vinegar and stir.
- Heat a pan with oil and place the filet of tuna in it. Sear for 20 seconds on each side.
- Wash rice then cook in in a rice cooker. (1 cup of rice=1 cup of water).
- Take a handful of rice and squeeze into a round or square shape. Make sure to squeeze tight.
- Then seat the rice in a pan with oil. Shake the pan every 3 seconds so the rice doesn't stick.
- Heat left over marinade in a pan and add more soy sauce to create a glaze.
- Serve with cucumber or garnish of choice.
Serve with blueberry ice cream for the perfect compliment. See great recipes for Shark Fin Melon Pork Soup, shark fin soup too! You can also make on the gas grill by using a black iron skillet. Half the butter/oil and pour a small amount in skillet. Sometimes the spark for a meal comes from a gift and this ahi tuna was just that.