Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo. Overcooking shrimp is super easy, so it's important to watch carefully so you don't end up with chewy shrimp. And as always, make sure you're buying Subbing in a spicy Italian for a hot Italian sausage, or a chicken sausage for a pork sausage is totally fine. This is not the case with gumbo—you really.
This fabulous shrimp gumbo is flavored with some spicy andouille sausage, tomatoes, and the "holy trinity" of Cajun and Creole cooking: onion, celery. See what smoked sausage can do for a savory, spicy Cajun classic. Just got done eating a bowl of this gumbo I followed the recipe except I used an andulle sausage made locally at Costanzas sausage didn't add any salt and used a jalapeño instead of the pepper s. You can have Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo using 15 easy ingredients and 5 simple steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cooking oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of red pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of okra, sliced.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 2 tsp of Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Tabasco sauce or Louisiana hot sauce.
- It’s 2 of andouille sausage links.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of raw, deveined shrimp.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. Gumbo is a stay-inside-and-cook-all-day kind of dish that warms you inside and out. While Louisianans have firm ideas about what goes into a proper gumbo So when the SL Test Kitchen set out to make a singular recipe, we weighed all of the delicious combinations before landing on shrimp and sausage. How To Make Chicken Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo.
Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo step by step
- Create a roux with flour and cooking oil. Stir and cook on medium until roux turns a dark reddish brown.
- Add onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and okra. Cook for 8-10 minutes until vegetables tender..
- Add chicken stock, Cajun seasoning, and Tabasco sauce. Bring to a boil, then stir in sausage. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then add shrimp and cook a few minutes until done..
- Serve over rice.
Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed Dutch Cook the chicken until browned on both sides and remove. Put the sausage, the rest of the creole seasoning,and the. My take on the New Orleans style gumbo with shrimp and sausage. Made using a homemade roux from scratch!