Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy. Brads Shrimp And Cod Po Boy – Easy Recipe Ideas "easy recipe ideas for dinner With of recipes for lunches and light meals, there's no reason to be bored. Classic Louisiana Po Boy Sandwich with fried shrimp, shredded lettuce, tomato and homemade remoulade sauce. But the bread is the real star in a po boy.
A po' boy (also po-boy, po boy) is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, which is usually roast beef or fried seafood, often shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters or crab. Shrimp po' boy sandwich- Crispy, crunchy shrimp piled mile high on a buttered toasted french roll, stuffed with crunchy cabbage, fresh tomatoes – drizzled with a lip smacking remoulade sauce. This Appetizing Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy using 18 simple ingredients and 5 easy steps. Here is how you cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy
- You need 1/2 lb of cod fillets, cut into 1 inch wide strips.
- You need of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare of panko.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- You need 1/2 lb of small uncooked shrimp.
- You need 1/2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.
- It’s of oil for frying.
- You need 2 of hoagie rolls.
- Prepare of for the toppings.
- Prepare of tartar sauce.
- Prepare of sliced havarti cheese.
- It’s of sliced provalone cheese.
- You need of spring lettuce mix.
- You need of sliced sweet onion.
- Prepare of sliced tomato.
- You need of fresh cilantro.
Shrimp po' boys are by far the most quintessential sandwiches in New Orleans cuisine. In this shrimp po boy recipe, the paper-thin crust and pillowy crumb of a New Orleans-style French roll is essential—as is Crystal hot sauce. Dip seasoned shrimp briefly in buttermilk, then coat with flour mixture. Working in batches, fry shrimp, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and just cooked.
Brad's shrimp and cod po' boy instructions
- Heat oil for frying in a LG fry pan. Heat 1/2 tbs oil in a small frying pan..
- Add shrimp, garlic, salt, and pepper to the small pan. Sauté for three minutes or until done..
- Place bread crumbs, panko, and beaten egg in separate bowls. When oil is heated, dip cod in bread crumbs, then egg then panko. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Preheat oven to 350. Slice hoagie rolls. Add cheese on them. Place shrimp on top of cheese. Bake rolls in oven until cheese melts..
- Remove to a plate. Add tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion. Top with fish fillets. Garnish with cilantro. Serve and enjoy..
We really love po' boys and this was an excellent recipe. We followed all of the directions but I used garlic paste and horseradish sauce instead of actual horserashish or chopped garlic since that is all I had but it seemed the right consistancy and tasted awesome anyway. the shrimp was good too it. A po' boy is a sandwich from Louisiana that is served in a baguette. Po' boys can be filled with pretty much anything but common fillings are fried seafood or roast beef. I had my heart set on the grilled shrimp version as I hardly need an excuse for the chance to enjoy some shrimp.