Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce). Spicy Szechwan shrimp, Thai-style shrimp, shrimp fried rice, and more. Old Charleston-Style Shrimp and Grits "Made this for a dinner party. Shrimp are decapod crustaceans with elongated bodies and a primarily swimming mode of locomotion – most commonly Caridea and Dendrobranchiata.
And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. These easy shrimp recipes are easy enough for a quick weeknight dinner, delicious enough for date night, and fun enough for a summer cookout. More Shrimp Recipes Avoid shrimp that has an unusual smell to it, especially if it smells like ammonia, which is a sign of bacterial growth. You can cook Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce) using 20 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. This is guide how achieve yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce)
- You need 1 lb. of shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- You need of Grits:.
- It’s 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need Dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of grits.
- It’s 1 Tbs. of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- You need 2 Tbs. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shallots, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground sausage (mild or medium hot).
- You need 2 Tbs. of butter.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of light cream.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1/4 cup of scallions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbs. of Kentucky Bourbon.
How to Prepare Shrimp Shrimp is a versatile food that you can cook in. Shrimp Scampi "Simple and delicious exactly as written. Four clean plates at the dinner table." – krathburn. Linguine Pasta with Shrimp and Tomatoes "If only I could give extra stars for being so easy and so tasty!" – crazycatlady.
Shrimp & Grit Cakes (Kentucky Bourbon Butter Sauce) step by step
- Prep and clean the shrimp. Season with Cajun seasoning and paprika. Set aside in refrigerator..
- For the grit cakes: Prepare the grits according to the package instructions. Use stock instead of water. Stir the grits every 4-5 minutes while cooking..
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. Pour the grits into a pie plate and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour..
- Use a ring mold (or ramekin), cut out small cakes from the plate. Flour the cakes and pan fry them until lightly browned. Remove from pan and keep them warmed in the oven..
- For the sauce: Using a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the bell pepper for 3-4 minutes and then add the shallots and sauté for another 2 minutes..
- Add the ground sausage. Brown the meat while breaking it up into smaller pieces. Stir the vegetables and meat together. Place them to one side of the pan..
- Add the butter, shrimp, garlic, and pepper flakes and sauté until the shrimp begins to just turn pink..
- Mix together the full pan and add the cream. Season with paprika and thyme and gently stir in the scallions..
- Heat the cream until it slightly thickens. Add the bourbon, stir, and heat for one more minute..
- Plate the grit cake and spoon the shrimp sauce over the cake and garnish with a green onion. Enjoy..
Creamy Pesto Shrimp "This is an excellent dish. It is very rich but soooooo good!" – bright Shrimp often gets a bad rap for its high cholesterol content. Expand your palate with some succulent seafood! Sample these shrimp recipes, including appetizers, dinners, salads, pasta, panzanella, casseroles, grilled shrimp, shrimp kabobs, stuffed shrimp, shrimp skewers, spicy shrimp and more. Close relatives include crabs, crayfish, and lobsters.