Blackened Salmon. Blackened Salmon is my favorite and this recipe is great. I don't use butter though, I use olive oil and after blackening in the pan I transfer the salmon to a baking sheet and finish them in t. Apply a quick dry season blend to each fish fillet, then pan fry until a flavorful dark crust appears on the surface.
DIY Blackened Seasoning Straight from Your Spice Cabinet. You've likely had blackened fish at a restaurant before, but maybe you never really knew what it was. You likely already have everything What makes this salmon so simple to prepare — and so delicious — is the blackened seasoning. This Yummy Blackened Salmon using 9 easy ingredients and 2 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Blackened Salmon
- You need 4 of 4-6oz fresh boneless salmon fillets.
- You need 1 Tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need of cooking spray.
- It’s of Lemon slices for garnish if you like.
Blackened salmon is so easy to make and the crispy skin is truly life-changing! A quick sear on the top in a. Place the salmon fillets on a cutting board and rub the olive oil over all sides of the salmon fillets. I'm not going to lie to you, cooking fish at home used to scare me…. but not anymore.
Blackened Salmon instructions
- Preheat broiler. Combine all spices in a bowl and then put on a flat plate. Coat each side of the fillets with spices. Place fillets on a sprayed baking sheet. Spray tops of fillets with cooking spray. Broil fillets about 4-5 inches from heat for 8-11 minutes, turning half way through. They should be nice and flaky..
- Serve with your favorite veggie or rice and top with lemon slices..
In this blackened salmon recipe, a Cajun-style rub gives the salmon wonderful warmth and flavor, with just the Blackened Salmon. Recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by. This blackened salmon recipe brings the spice you crave, and it's so quick and easy to make. Blackened wild salmon fillets seasoned with blackened seasoning such as cayenne, paprika and herbs are seared in a skillet then topped with a fresh mango salsa – if you can take the heat. This blackened salmon dish is a mix of spices that give the black appearance yet packs a spicy taste.