Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue. Season shrimp and oysters with seasonings. Turn the temp down to medium and add shrimp, scallops and cajun seasoning. Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue step by step.
Sauce: In saute pan, cook onions with butter until clear. Coat chicken breast and shrimp with olive oil and cover with blackened season. Chop chicken and set aside with shrimp. You can have Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue using 19 simple ingredients and 4 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook it.
Ingredients of Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of blackening season.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of Chicken breast.
- It’s 2 dozen of small shrimp (peeled and deveined).
- It’s 4 slices of bacon (chopped).
- You need 10 ounces of fresh spinach.
- You need 4 of fresh mushrooms (sliced).
- It’s 2 of whole green onions (chopped).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of Monterey jack cheese.
- It’s of Sauce:.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of small onion (minced).
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of shrimp broth or water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Season shrimp and oysters with blackened seasonings (available in most supermarkets). Add spinach, mushrooms, crab and green onion. Saute until mushrooms and spinach soften. Fold in sauce and bring to a simmer.
Blackened chicken and shrimp fondue step by step
- Coat chicken breast and shrimp with olive oil and cover with blackened season. In cast iron on medium heat, cook shrimp on each side, around 1-2 minutes. Cook chicken on each side, around 7-10 minutes. Chop chicken and set aside with shrimp..
- Sauce: In saute pan, cook onions with butter until clear. Slowly whisk in flour until well mixed with butter and onions. Add broth, white wine, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add whipping cream and simmer another 5 minutes. Set sauce aside..
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet. Add spinach, mushrooms, salt and black pepper and cook until soft, around 10 minutes. Remove any excess water if necessary..
- Add chicken and shrimp to mixture in cast iron skillet. Fold sauce and green onions into mixture. Cover with Monterey jack cheese and broil until brown, 5-10 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
Pour into heatproof dish; top with grated cheese. Editor's Note: Fondue is a fun way to turn dinner into a social gathering. This Filet Mignon and Shrimp Fondue recipe is sure to please friends and family alike! The filet mignon recipe calls for a marinade that infuses the meat with a delicious flavor, taking the steak fondue to the next level, and the shrimp is a great alternative option for any vegetarians at the table. Notice: Consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish, or eggs may increase your risk of food-borne illness, especially if you have certain medical conditions.