Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers. In the bowl of a food processor, add the cornmeal, flour, pecans, seafood seasoning Fry the fish until golden brown. Serve the hot catfish with remoulade sauce on the side. Join me my friends as I deep fry my specially seasoned catfish on the bayou.
Shake off excess flour and saute in hot oil until browned on all sides. Remove and place on baking sheet pan and hold for later use. Mix together the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and brown sugar and pour over the turkey and bake in an. This Perfect Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers using 5 simple ingredients and 14 easy steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers
- It’s 2 lb of catfish fillets, thicker ones.
- You need 2 cup of flour, I used bread flour but regular white flour will do fine..
- Prepare 1 of alot of premade cajun seasoning, your favorite brand or make youre own.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil,.enough to completely cover and deep fry your fish..
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
Fried dill pickles, fried okra, green tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers are commonly found on menus. The fried catfish—and plenty of it—is usually served While catfish is traditional for a Southern fish fry, any firm and mild white fish will suffice. Flounder, bass, haddock, and cod are all good alternatives. Deep fried thin crispy strips of catfish, coated in a mixture of corn meal and flour, are a true deep south favorite.
Deep Fried Cajun Catfish Fingers step by step
- in a pot preheat oil until hot. or use a deep fryer, I just don't have one..
- rinse catfish and let drain, do not pat dry..
- slice catfish into finger sized strips..
- arrange onto a plate and sprinkle allot of the cajun seasoning on them. its your choice on how much but i like allot.. see photo.. ( I don't really measure this part).
- place flour into a big bowl or gallon sized zipper bag..
- place catfish into flour and sprinkle some more cajun stuff on them. not as much as last time. just a bit to get the parts that don't have any. :).
- toss to coat fish fully in the flour..
- drop catfish fingers into your hot oil.. be sure not to crowd them..
- fry until browned and crisp..
- transfer to paper towel lined plate..
- immedietly sprinkle with a bit more cajun and pepper to taste..
- I serve mine with seasoned curly fries and fresh sliced cucumber..
- serves about 3-4 people unless your really hungry! ;).
Cut into three to four strips lengthwise. Season fish on both sides with salt, peppers, Cajun seasoning and Old Bay, pressing lightly into fish. Avoid overcrowding so fillets have room to brown properly. Fish should be slightly crisp outside, and moist and flaky I personally hate fish of any kind but my boyfriend is a huge fried catfish fan. He said it was the best fried catfish he has ever had!