Cajun Salmon. Cajun Salmon is one of those go to dishes when you don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen! Cajun spices, fresh fish, and lemon with extra virgin olive oil is the key to this flavorful fish. Turn the salmon fillets in the spices, covering all sides.
Cajun Salmon with an easy homemade seasoning made with spices you already have in your pantry that can be baked, broiled, pan seared, or grilled. This healthy dinner is ready in less than fifteen minutes and as good as any restaurant version. Salmon steaks tend to have a large bone piece right in the center. This Yummy Cajun Salmon using 13 simple ingredients and 8 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to cook this tasty food.
Ingredients of Cajun Salmon
- You need 1 of salmon fillet or steak.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 dash of black pepper.
- You need 1 dash of thyme.
- You need 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 small of lemon-freshly squeezed.
If serving the steak whole, use a small pair of tongs and extract the bone piece. Season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Rinse off salmon and pat dry with paper towel.
Cajun Salmon instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 º..
- Rinse and pat dry salmon fillet/steak..
- In small bowl, mix melted butter and lemon juice..
- In another small bowl, mix all spices until well combined..
- Dip salmon in the butter & lemon then sprinkle with spices on top of salmon and pat in..
- Spray a medium, oven proof pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sear salmon over medium to high heat for 2-3 minutes each side..
- Transfer pan from stove top to oven and cook another 8-10 minutes until salmon flakes easily..
- Garnish with lemons and favorite sides..
Drizzle cookie sheet with olive oil. Place salmon (skin side down) on cookie sheet and drizzle more oil on top. Shake Cajun seasoning on salmon to taste. This salmon recipe requires very minimal effort, and pantry staple ingredients. The combo of honey, garlic, and Cajun seasoning gives this salmon some amazing flavor!