Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits. I was born and raised in the South. At Castaways Raw Bar and Grill on Holden Beach in North Carolina, they serve up huge portions of spicy shrimp and grits. Cajun Shrimp and Grits – creamy grits with Cajun-seasoned shrimp with bold and spicy seasonings.
Assemble the dish by placing the grits at the bottom of a shallow bowl, Cajun shrimp and it's sauce. How do you make Cajun Shrimp and Grits? First, in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. cook chopped bacon to desired crispiness. You can cook Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits using 16 simple ingredients and 12 simple steps. Here is how you cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
- You need 1/3 lb of Jumbo Shrimp cooked peeled & deveined.
- You need tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need pinch of white pepper.
- Prepare pinch of smoked paprika.
- It’s pinch of garlic powder.
- You need pinch of onion powder.
- It’s pinch of salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of marscopone.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of 5 minute Grits.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded fontina cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of shredded Cheeder cheese.
- You need 1 of green onion chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of cracked black pepper.
Second, Add the shrimp to the skillet and sprinkle Cajun seasoning to taste. The Best Cajun Cheese Grits Recipes on Yummly This is a step by step on how I make my Cajun Shrimp and Cheese Grits with full recipe. No such thing as too much cheese.
Cajun Shrimp and Cheesy Grits step by step
- Heat oil in pan.
- Mix all dry seasonings in a bowl.
- Toss shrimp in Seasonings.
- Drop shrimp in pan.
- Bring water to boil and season water with salt.
- Add grits go boiling water.
- Stir will they thicken.
- Turn shrimp to sear on both sides.
- After 5 minutes add all cheeses to grits.
- Remove shrimp after searing for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Plate grits and garnish with green onions and black pepper.
- Add shrimp in center.
Get the recipe from Recipe Girl. Here's the easy way to lighten up your comfort food fave. Get the recipe from Well Plated by Erin. Cajun shrimp and grits, a delicious southern dish: Shrimp, andouille sausage, garlic, lemon & pepper served over creamy cheese grits. I make my shrimp and grits New Orleans style, with a little creole twist by adding some red pepper, andouille sausage and cajun seasonings.