Shrimp Creole. Shrimp Creole from Delish.com makes the perfect spicy weeknight dinner. In a separate large skillet, heat oil. Tomatoes and shrimp cooked up with garlic and onions – this Gulf Coast tradition will have you dreaming of the bayou.
Adjust the spice to your preference, but don't be scared of a little heat! Shrimp Creole – A comforting plate of goodness with succulent shrimp simmered in a perfectly seasoned tomato sauce. Shrimp Creole is a dish of Louisiana Creole origin and has a tomato base. You can cook Shrimp Creole using 12 easy ingredients and 12 easy steps. This is guide how cook yummy food.
Ingredients of Shrimp Creole
- It’s 1 of bellpepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk, chopped.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes with bellpepper, onion and cellery.
- You need 1 can of Tomato sauce- large can or 2 8 oz cans, add water as needed.
- You need 2 of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Gumbo Filé.
- You need 2 of fresh bay leaves.
- You need 1 lb of Wild Caught Gulf Shrimp.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
There's another famous New Orleans dish called Shrimp Etouffee which it shouldn't be confused with because that dish has a. Shrimp Creole is near the top of the list. Why would I want to include this dish? Everyone has a recipe for it.
Shrimp Creole step by step
- Clean and devain shrimp, wash, place in bowl, sprinkle creole seasoning on top, cover and place in fridge..
- Turn on stove to med. High, then place chopped garlic, bellpepper, onions, and celery in pan..
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables..
- Season with a dash of creole seasoning and hot sauce.
- Stir the vegtables until tender..
- Stir in can tomatoes, cook for 5 min..
- Add tomato sauce.
- Add 2 bay leaves; Creole Seasoning and Hot Sauce to taste; add 1 tsp Gumbo Filé..
- Cover and cook sauce for 1 hour; stir occassionally, and add water as needed..
- Add shrimp for 10 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Be sure to check so shrimp dont over cook..
- Discard bay leaves.
- Serve with Jasmine rice or rice of your choice..
A lot of restaurants, even outside of Louisiana serve it. Why in the hell do I even want to bother? Shrimp Creole is a Louisiana style dish made with green bell pepper, sweet onion, celery, garlic and shrimp all simmered in a tomato base seasoned with creole seasoning and a splash of Tabasco. This shrimp Creole is a classic Louisiana dish, made with a tomato-based Creole sauce with the traditional "Holy Trinity" of vegetables: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Easy Shrimp Creole is a spicy, chunky tomato and green pepper mixture that coats tender shrimp to make a hearty family meal done right!