Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage.
This Perfect Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage using 12 easy ingredients and 10 simple steps. Follow these simple steps to achieve this tasty food.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage
- It’s 1 box of Mostaccioli.
- It’s 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- You need 1 lb of shrimp.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow bell pepper (or what color you desire ).
- Prepare 5 oz of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper (or to taste).
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream (I didn't measure so maybe 1/3 to 1/2).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmigiano-reggino.
Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage step by step
- Slice the sausage on a angle and set aside. In a bowl season the shimp with Cajun season and set aside..
- Clean and peel the carrot then slice on a angle. Slice the bell pepper and tomatoes long ways and set aside..
- In a deep pot get water going for pasta. Cook al dente. Be sure to salt the water..
- Add oil to a non stick skillet and saute the sausage until they slightly brown and remove.
- Add the shrimp. Saute until they turn slightly pink and remove from skillet..
- Add peppers and carrots and saute for 5 minutes until the carrots begin to slightly soften..
- Add tomatoes and continue to saute another 3 mins..
- Add sausage back to the skillet along with the heavy whipping cream, black pepper and parmigiano-reggino..
- Bring to a bowl until the sauce has thickened add salt if needed. Add shrimp and pasta then stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Add more cream as needed to make more creamier..