Easy Seafood Gumbo. In a large, deep skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter, then add flour. Remove the bay leaf, stir in the parsley, and remove from heat. Adapted from Lucy Buffett's Crazy Sista Seafood Gumbo recipe.
This Shrimp and Sausage Gumbo makes a delicious, quick and easy gumbo recipe! I love having tried and true recipes to turn to for quick and easy weeknight suppers. Sausage and shrimp gumbo is a nice twist on the classic Cajun stew traditionally served over rice and is perfect for cold evening meals. This Tasty Easy Seafood Gumbo using 15 simple ingredients and 2 simple steps. This is guide how achieve apetizing meal.
Ingredients of Easy Seafood Gumbo
- Prepare 1 cup of and a half oakra.
- You need 1/2 lb of Quality shrimp tails and shell removed and reserved.
- Prepare 6 oz of of crab claw meat.
- It’s 1 large of tomato diced.
- Prepare 1 large of bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of of garlic diced.
- Prepare 1 of One onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 of Salt to taste.
- You need 1 of Cajun spices about a teaspoon or to taste.
- You need 1 of Wine to drink.. Do I need to tell you how much?.
- It’s 1 of Hot sauce a dash or two to taste.
- You need 1 of Worcestershire a splash or two.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
Gumbo is one dish that makes Louisiana cuisine so famous. We live across the state line in Texas and can't seem to get enough of this traditional gumbo recipe that features okra, shrimp, spicy seasonings and what is called the holy trinity—onions, green peppers and celery. This recipe calls for seafood, but you could also use chicken, duck or sausage. This was my first attempt at gumbo.
Easy Seafood Gumbo instructions
- Make a seafood veggie stock with veggie scraps and shells… Drink some wine.
- Make a roux by cooking flour and olive oil until it starts to brown. Add peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft and opaque. Strain the broth and add to the roux. It will start to thicken. Add more water or broth if needed. Add tomato and okra. Season with spices, salt , hot sauce etc to taste. Add shrimp and crab, cook on low for 10-15..
The only other times I've had gumbo were in Charleston, SC, and at a seafood festival – so this recipe had to come pretty far to meet my expectations! With some tweaking (as should be done with gumbos) I think it'll be great. We love okra, so in went half a bag of frozen. A seafood gumbo is thickened with okra and packed with shrimp to make a low-country classic stew. This simple and easy-to-make recipe will have you making gumbo like a pro, as it comes together in just an hour and a half.